photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

August 03, 2015

EXPOSING THE HEIRESS by Jennifer Apodaca ~ FMR REVIEW




Title: EXPOSING THE HEIRESS
Author: Jennifer Apodaca
Release Date: August 4, 2015 




Synopsis:

This Marine will protect her at all costs...

When wealthy heiress Alyssa Brooks finds out her stepfather has been paying her fiancé to marry her, she's humiliated and betrayed. She quickly breaks the engagement, only to be blackmailed by her now ex-fiancé, who threatens both Alyssa and the son she gave up for adoption. With nowhere to go, she turns to the one man she can trust.

Former Marine sniper Hunter Reece's lethal skills could save Alyssa's life. But his little sister's best friend has turned into a woman, who is an irresistible mix of secrets and sexiness. And while Hunter can trust himself to protect her, he can't trust himself to keep his attraction hidden...or even pretend to be the man that Alyssa remembers.

Because the only way to keep the lovely heiress safe is to become the one thing he knows she could never love...a killer.



Buy the book: 


Review by: Erin 

This story was full of drama and angst. Alyssa finds herself in a bad situation and turns to her childhood friend, Hunter, to help her. Alyssa and Hunter have an attraction that can’t be denied or ignored. Hunter agrees to help her, and finds that the situation is more dire than he thought. Alyssa and Hunter spend quite a lot of time together and end up learning more about each other. Hunter is haunted by his time in the service. Alyssa has secrets of her own. 
These characters are very well matched. The storyline flowed well. The story twisted and turned in directions that were not expected. Really kept me guessing. The chemistry between Alyssa and Hunter is electric. These characters seem to be the balm for each others souls. I am looking forward to reading more from this author.

3.5 Stars  



Meet  Jennifer Apodaca:

Also writes paranormal romance under the pseudonym Jennifer Lyon.

I went back to college after my three sons, Matt, Gary and Paul, were born. Beginning with a vague idea of earning a marketing degree, I ended up pursuing a writing career with the full support of my husband, Dan.

First I tried to tame my naturally edgy voice into writing romance, but dead bodies and quirky humor turned up with alarming regularity. So did rejection letters in my mailbox! Dan nagged me to write something contemporary and funny. My mother dropped a hint about trying something modern. My sister mentioned how good I'd be at writing a comedy, maybe even a mystery. Dan agreed with them.

Finally, frustration drove me to murder, fictionally speaking, of course. And so, I have been forced to admit that my husband, mother and sister were right. Not entirely humbled, these days I am busy plotting future adventures for Samantha Shaw! 


Connect with Jennifer:




No comments:

Post a Comment