photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

August 19, 2015

47 Things by Lilliana Anderson ~ FMR REVIEW








47 Things by Lilliana Anderson

SYNOPSIS


***CONTENT WARNING*** New Adult Standalone Romance for ages 18+ due to sex scenes and adult situations.

"What's your name, sweetheart?"....

That was the first thing. I wasn't his sweetheart, and he should have already known my name. But, that was the moment I became caught in Tyler Lohan's sight. He was wonderful and complicated, and I'd spent my life trying to hate him for being the golden boy who had everything so easy. However, as with all things, Tyler wasn’t the person he appeared to be from the outside, and once I saw him – the real him – I fell, and I don’t think I ever got back up.

There would be a total of forty-seven things that sucked me into Tyler's life then forced me away. Forty-seven things that ruined me forever.

Forty-seven was never going to be enough.

There was no number great enough...

47 Things. A standalone new adult romance that follows a couple as they come to terms with falling love in a world they can't control, and the certainty of the inevitable.

LINKS


Amazon US 



Review by: Sam 


Oh my heart, my life and my soul with NEVER BE THE SAME!!!!! To read this book you will need at least 12 boxes of tissues, a pillow to scream cry into and maybe a tub or 10 of ice-cream. 
The author clearly states that this book comes with a warning but HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF GOD!!!! So this is me, holding up a sign clearly stating "THIS BOOK WILL MAKE YOU CRY!!" Because I read for the feels, the crippling emotions that a book will put you through, the rollercoaster, the deep connection between the two characters, for me, THIS BOOK IS LIKE ALL MY BIRTHDAYS AND CHRISTMASES WRAPPED UP INTO A BREATHTAKING PACKAGE OF WORDS!! 
This story, this journey, this outstanding novel by Lilliana Anderson is one that will stay with me forever. This book is deep, it consumes you and reached a whole new depth of my soul. 
I have thought long and hard about how to write this review, I will not spoil anything but I will give you information that will grab your attention so that you take the plunge and read this book! IT NEEDS TO BE EXPERIENCED! 
Sarah and Tyler are two people from the same town, two people who are so different, two people who knew each other, but without knowing nothing about each other. They both are running away from their individual lives and HUGE GIGANTIC SECRETS that will change EVERYTHING. 
Sarah is outstanding! Her strength, her independence and her fight just make her one of the best female leads to grace the book world. 
Tyler, he is funny, charming, so intense and just ugh......I'm in love with him ok? Not just a little book boyfriend crush, but like HEAD OVER HEELS IN LOVE WITH HIM! 
The connection between these two characters is just EVERYTHING! I believe strongly in everything happens for a reason, and that little piece of gum, well, it was the start of these two! Yeah! I said GUM! And you won't ever look at a piece of gum the same after finishing this story! 
You need to go into this book blind! Don't try to find spoilers, or nitty gritty details that will tell you everything that happens. The book doesn't deserve that! It deserves to be felt personally by each individual who purchases it, and the author who's talent is truly OUTSTANDING deserves for readers to experience her magic on paper! 
This book, it will stay with me forever. I miss the characters, I'm so mad I won't get to experience it for the first time again, I'm jealous of all readers who will, my heart feels so full, and I just adored everything I have experienced with this novel! I feel absolutely privileged to have read this arc and I want to open my windows and shout out for the world to hear just how AMAZING this book is! 

                6 STARS!!!!!! Absolutely OUTSTANDING! 


Review by: Leeann 

If you want a book that makes you feel everything, this is it.
I would suggest you read it when you have lots of time up your sleeve & lots of tissues handy. Preferably without an audience.
Chance are, you’re going to cry like a baby!!

Sarah & Tyler are both from the same country town but have never had anything to do with each other.  It’s only when they
are both going to the same Uni as young adults that they become involved. I don’t want to go into details & give any spoilers
so that is as much as I will say about that.

This is my 1st Lilliana Anderson book and I must say, despite the serious and sad content, it is an absolute stunning book to
be introduced to a new author with. I laughed a lot in the beginning & then I cried a whole lot more.
This is a love story of absolute love, devotion & heat break all at once.  There were times I seriously felt like my heart was breaking for them.

Every character in this book played a pivotal part in Sarah & Tyler’s journey, there was no one in there that was written about just to fluff up the
story. Every emotion was clearly thought out and demonstrated. Every action from both Tyler & Sarah was deliberate.

This one book alone has sold me on the talent of Lilliana Anderson, I will be checking out more of her work for sure. I would suggest everyone
Grabs a copy of 47 Things it is in my Top 5 books of the year!!     


5 Stars 

Review by: Tracy 

In the beginning we meet Sarah, who will tell you until she is blue in the face that she hates Tyler Lohan, only because of assumptions she has made about him. She didn’t know him, not the “real” him anyway. They both grew up in the same part of town. It wasn’t until later in their college life that Tyler noticed her. For the rest of the book we follow their love story.

Based on what I read when I first signed up to review this book, I imagined a traditional story about a girl who fought hard to hate someone but in the end realized he wasn’t who she thought he was. While this story clearly gave me that, it gave me things I was expecting. I really disliked Sarah in the beginning based on the way she was “hating” and judging Tyler. Seriously, we get it! You hate him. And I couldn’t help but like Tyler, just because he wasn’t who everyone thought he was, the boy that has everything handed to him. Then I received the shock of a lifetime. THIS IS NOT A HEA! Be prepared to get emotional. I think that is why I ended up giving this 3.5 stars instead of something lower because it threw a curve ball I really didn’t see coming. Not all love stories have to have a happy ending. That’s the thing about love, most of the time it is complicated, emotional and sometimes downright messy.

3.5 Stars 

  

Excerpt

A sharp whistle pulled me out of the lives I was escaping into while reading The Poisonwood Bible. It had me engrossed as the family tried desperately to escape a wave of fire ants by running and jumping in a river that contained even greater dangers. My heart was in my throat and it took me a while to snap back to reality.
When I looked up, a familiar black Navaro was idling at the curb in front of me, and an even more familiar face was smiling down as he leaned across the car and peered at me through the open passenger window.
“I like your new footwear,” Tyler commented, grinning at me like he hadn’t just vanished from my life for two weeks.
“It’s the latest style,” I replied, squinting up at him as the sun shone down upon me where I was sitting on a park bench within the hospital grounds. An old lady with an IV pole was sitting on the other end, talking on the phone to someone about wishing she was allowed to have a cigarette.
“Suits you. Need a ride?”
“Janesa and Alex are coming to get me.”
“No they aren’t, I told Alex I’d fill in.”
Nodding, I chewed on my lip a little as I gathered my things and tried to ignore that jealous pang that hit me right in my stomach. Why hadn’t he called me first?
Switching off the engine, he got out of the car to help me up into the cab, the familiarity of his hands on my hips only served to remind me how much I’d missed him while he was gone. I’d really gotten used to his presence in my life after just a few short weeks, and in a way, I think it may have been better if he’d just stayed away. I wasn’t sure that I could cope with his disappearances the way his friends did.
“Feel better without the cast?” he asked as he climbed back into the driver’s side.
“I suppose,” I replied with a shrug, looking out the window as he started up the engine.
“Hey,” he said, reaching over and taking my hand in his. “I’m sorry, OK? I know I let you down.”
The feel of his skin against my skin filled me with more emotions than I had the right to feel where he was concerned. But, they got to me anyway, and it took me a moment before I could reply. “You don’t owe me anything, Tyler.”
Yes, I do, sweetheart,” he said, giving my hand a light squeeze before he placed both hands on the wheel and drove away from the hospital. I wanted to ask him where he’d been and why he hadn’t called. I wanted to ask him what he was really doing with me, but when I opened my mouth, an entirely different question fell from my lips.
“Where are you taking me?” I asked when he turned in the opposite direction to my apartment.
“Alex’s. Supposedly to study for the exam next week, but from what I hear, he and Janesa are getting pretty close. So who knows if we’ll get much done.”
“What are you going to do about the exams you missed?”
He glanced at me, grinning the million-dollar grin of his. “Taken care of. No need to worry about me.”
“If you say so,” I replied, folding my hands across my chest.
“You’re pretty pissed at me, aren’t you?” he asked after a while of driving in silence.
“Why would I pissed at you, Tyler?”
He shrugged. “I promised to look after you and I didn’t. You have to know that I’d never break a promise like that unless I absolutely couldn’t help it.”
I released a sigh. “Seriously, Tyler, I’m sure you had a great reason for taking off the way you did. But, it’s not like we’re in a relationship or anything. You’re here because you feel bad about breaking my ankle. I’m not naïve enough to think that it’s anything other than that. So, forget it. I’m not pissed.”
He glanced at me. “You’re pissed,” he stated with great authority.
“Oh, because you know me so well?”
“Yeah, I know you, sweetheart, and I’m pretty sure I’ve even told you that I like you. So I’m suggesting that you get the whole pity friendship bullshit idea out of your head and accept that I’m around because I like you.”
“You don’t know me at all,” I mumbled, feeling totally uncomfortable with the rest of what he said. I wasn’t sure why. I guess I just didn’t really believe it. We were never friends before I broke my ankle, and the time he spent away made me really struggle to see how suddenly, everything changed and we were friends or whatever we were supposed to be. It didn’t make sense to me.
He reached out and placed his hand over mine, entwining our fingers. “I know you, Sarah. And I like you. And I’m going to keep turning up to hang out with you. Deal with it.”
“Fine,” I replied, still looking out the window but secretly, my pulse was racing at a million miles an hour from the fact he was holding my hand as we drove. God, I missed him, and no matter how hard I tried to be angry with him, that simple gesture made my heart sing. I was a mess, and Tyler Lohan was going to break my heart. I could feel it, but I wanted him anyway.





No comments:

Post a Comment