photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

January 25, 2017

Good Boy by Elle Kennedy and Sarina Bowen • FMR REVIEW


BLURB: 

Hosting her brother’s wedding for an MVP guest list is the challenge of Jess Canning’s life. Already the family screw-up, she can’t afford to fail. And nobody (nobody!) can learn of the colossal mistake she made with the best man during a weak moment last spring. It was wrong, and there will not be a repeat. Absolutely not. Even if he is the sexiest thing on two legs.

Blake Riley sees the wedding as fate’s gift to him. Jess is the maid of honor and he’s the best man? Let the games begin. So what if he’s facing a little (fine, a lot) of resistance? He just needs to convince the stubborn blonde that he’s really a good boy with a bad rap. Luckily, every professional hockey player knows that you’ve got to make an effort if you want to score.

But Jess has more pressing issues to deal with than sexy-times with a giant man-child. Such as: Will the ceremony start on time, even though someone got grandma drunk? Does glitter ever belong at a wedding? And is it wrong to murder the best man?

Caution: May cause accidental aspiration of tea or coffee. Do not read in a public place where loud laughter is inappropriate. Contains hot but hilarious hockey players, puppy cuddling and a snarky pair of underwear.


PURCHASE HERE: 

Review by: Gina 

This was exactly the type of book I needed!!! Super funny, full of quick witted banter, and of course SUPER HOT!!! SarinaBowen and Elle Kennedy scored the goal with this one!

So I will be honest, at first Blake got on my nerves a little, with all of his nonchalance attitude and made up words...but then he grew on me! The more the story went one and the more I got to know him, I feel in love! He's a man with a goodattitude, high spirit, super caring, and sweet and just everything you want in a book boyfriend! My favorite part of the entire story was Jessie trying to fight off Blake. The banter between these two was so entertaining. I could not stop laughing. 

I really enjoyed the story line. It was fun, a lot of fun, but yet there were some dramatic moments that made the book more interesting. It was a book I had a hard time putting down. The characters along with the story all came together to make one really fantastic book! Read this one! I don't think you will be disappointed!

5 Stars 


Review by: Amy C 

Let me start by saying that I will read any work these two put out!! 100% love their style of writing and their stories are simply phenomenal. Good Boy was just more icing added to and already established cake. These two make magic when they collaborate and its so evident in the clear and full story lines.

Jess and Blake.... I didn't know they would be getting their own book but I'm sure glad they did!!! I loved their little blip of an intro in "Us" and wondered what ever happened that night they were supposed to be caretakers for Jess's brother and instead took such good care of each other. Well there it is fans, instant lusty chemistry turns into an itch scratch that bleeds into so much more. These two are cute, comical and just adorable together. They bicker like an old married couple and swoon for each other like the sun rises and sets together. Made for each other isn't a term I would use for these two when I first started the story, but casually and oh so slowly, they grow one arch other in a way that makes this story as romantic as it is endearing.

This book was fantastic and such a welcome surprise. I absolutely love the words that these two put out for e to read. They have a chemistry that is a recipe for greatness and I hope their writing relationship continues to churn out more and more for me to read. Totally recommend this book and anything that has these ladies names on it.


4.5 Stars 



Review by: Stacey 

I love this story!!! Can't go wrong with a hot hockey star & especially one as hot as Blake!!! He is annoying and just loves to tease Jessica but little does she know that it really gets under her skin cuz she likes him!!! It's a slow process for their relationship...one that starts fake and turns real.  Jess is super sweet, innocent and so confused with her life and Blake he just makes her crazy! But he always makes her happy, safe and always left wanting more...more Blake!!! Little does Jess know Blake is everything she needs and their story and connection are addicting! I love Blake's cockiness with a side of sweet, gentleman and he has a heart of gold hidden beneath that rough, sexy exterior.


I highly recommend his book! Their story is one I loved and can't wait to see who is in the next book!


4.5 Stars 




Review by: Kim 

Good Boy is nothing but a great read that will have you laughing out loud.
Oh my gosh! I'd forgotten just how much I love Blake Riley! He's bold and brash. He loves to laugh and lives large and in charge. But it's lines like; She needs to stop making that noise because my dick is getting confused, that reminded me how sweet and funny Blake Riley is. Reminded me how quickly this sexy, sweet hockey player stole my heart.
Jess Canning had me a little confused. Oh, she's sweet and funny in her own right, but she's supposed to be artsy, yet she doesn't do anything artsy. But she can hold her own against a big hockey player who is used to getting his way. I love the way this girl handles Blake. 
There were a few times when Jess seemed so lost I just wanted to hug her. She's got a lot of things holding her back, but mostly it's just her own issues. I was happy when she finally decided to just go for what she wanted.
Good Boy is full of lovable characters and laugh out loud moments. Read this, you'll be glad that you did.

4 Stars 






 photo signature_zpsyqnzqh4c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment