photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

July 09, 2015

Ruin & Rule by Pepper Winters ~ FMR REVIEW







BLURB

"We met in a nightmare. The in-between world where time had no power over reason. We fell in love. We fell hard. But then we woke up. And it was over . . ."



RUIN & RULE

She is a woman divided. Her past, present, and future are as twisted as the lies she's lived for the past eight years. Desperate to get the truth, she must turn to the one man who may also be her greatest enemy . . . 

He is the president of Pure Corruption MC. A heartless biker and retribution-deliverer. He accepts no rules, obeys no one, and lives only to reap revenge on those who wronged him. And now he has stolen her, body and soul.

Can a woman plagued by mystery fall in love with the man who refuses to face the truth? And can a man drenched in darkness forgo his quest for vengeance-and finally find redemption? 




BUY



Review by: KIM 

What would you do if you woke and suddenly found everything in your world completely dark? 
Knowing that you were in horrible danger.
Not because you can see it, taste it or know it for sure. But because you can feel it.
I began Ruin & Rule with a little trepidation because I suddenly remembered that sometimes Pepper Winters writes dark dark stuff. I am not a good judge for that kind of reading. (Okay, I don't really like the dark stuff.) But I set my shoulders and before I knew it, I was lost in a world full of danger and intrigue.

Written in first person, each emotion that the hero and heroin experience is just put out there to slap you in the face.

I have to admit, there was a point where I wanted to put down my kindle and walk away. (Perhaps the author might want to include a trigger warning for those who have experienced abuse first hand.)

We meet Kill, President of the Pure Corruption MC. 
He's a hard man and everything a biker is expected to be.
War and Vengeance: That is what this President lives for.
Though this President fights not for borders or money.
He's fighting for something entirely different.

This is my first Pepper Winters book and I'm happy to say, it won't be my last.
This author excels at painting a picture with words and getting thoughts and feelings down so that we, as readers, might experience the right emotion at exactly the right moment.
Though I admit that sometimes it seemed a bit wordy for me, (silly I know. It is a book after all).
If you like MC books, this is a must read.
Can't wait for more.

4 Stars 






No comments:

Post a Comment