photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

July 08, 2015

Priest by Sierra Simone ~ FMR REVIEW







BLURB


There are many rules a priest can't break. 
A priest cannot marry. A priest cannot abandon his flock. A priest cannot forsake his God.

I've always been good at following rules. 
Until she came. 
My name is Tyler Anselm Bell. I'm twenty-nine years old. Six months ago, I broke my vow of celibacy on the altar of my own church, and God help me, I would do it again. 
I am a priest and this is my confession.


***
***Priest is a standalone, full-length novel with an HEA.  For mature audiences only.***


BUY 


Review by: HEATHER

The highly anticipated novel Priest was one I could not way for. This book was beautifully written. The writing is just exceptional though the subject matter taboo. I really did enjoy this story. I felt it had so much potential however I felt that with a little bit more research it could have exceeded that potential. 
I really liked Tyler as a character. His inner monologue was very interesting and I really felt for him at times. I wish two things would have happened: I wanted to know more about the man before he became a priest and I wanted a bigger internal conflict. Though some of those parts were good I felt like I needed more.
Poppy I would have liked to see developed a little more. She felt like she was too much on the surface that at times the chemistry between the two of them didn't seem to flow. 
The sex in this book is off the charts! Some of the hottest stuff I have ever read. Some of it I felt was a little over the top, however, I am  not sure I would have felt that way if we got to know more about Tyler's backstory.
All in all I would definitely recommend this book as the subject matter and plot line are very unique. It's nothing I have ever read before and the writing was just phenomenal.

4 Stars 

Review by: SAM 

The hype of this book took over my newsfeed for weeks building up to the release. This book is a taboo subject full of erotic scenes and therefore many readers were itching to get their hands on it! 
Without a doubt, Sierra Simone is a talented author. Her writing style is exceptional and captured me in a way that made me read the book in one sitting. I would love to read more of her work purely for her writing technique and how she delivers words.
I love taboo reads like any other person, but I just didn't connect with this story as much as I wanted to because for me personally, it didn't pack the punch that a taboo read should.
Father Tyler Bell has been a man of God for three years. He has his own reasons for giving his life to the church and becoming a Priest, which in all honesty left me a little confused. Because I didn't quite understand after the events and sadness that made him decide on this path, how he could become a priest at all.
I didn't find his inner monologue to be that of a man of God, but instead a young guy enjoying life and actually quite charming at times.
Poppy waltzes into his church to confess and needs absolution for her sins. But overall, I did find her manipulative, because she wanted to seduce him.
Tyler did struggle, however I would have liked to see so much MORE of this because in my opinion he gave in to her A LOT easier than he should have. He desires her all of the time and she becomes his constant thoughts.
Poppy is a bold character, sexual and knows EXACTLY what she is doing, making her a real piece of work to read.
Now, the sex scenes were HOTTER THAN HELL, without a doubt the author can deliver smut in a HUGE WAY! But overall, the rest of the story was covered by the smut and didn't give me the execution I want and need as a reader. 
If you want a dirty talking Priest, a seductress, LOTS OF SEX, and writing that keeps you gripped to the story, then you will love this book!

3.5 Stars 





No comments:

Post a Comment