photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

July 25, 2015

Incinerate by Tessa Teevan ~ FMR REVIEW


Incinerate
(Explosive, #2)
by Tessa Teevan
 Contemporary Romance 





ABOUT Incinerate:
When Knox Wellington opens the door to Charlie Davenport, he's not expecting the fiery brunette with whiskey colored eyes and a feisty personality. Sparks fly immediately, even though their initial meeting is nothing but hostile. Their chemistry is undeniable, but the chip on Knox's shoulder threatens to destroy any hope of him wooing the sweet, southern volunteer sent to help with his rehabilitation. 

Little does he know she's no Southern Belle, as she gives as good as she can take. As unexpected circumstances push them closer together, heads butt, patience is tested, and flames ignite as they dance around their mutual attraction, both of them jaded from broken pasts. 

They've both been burned before, so when their feelings of lust, desire, and wanting are inflamed in the heat of the moment, will they finally be able to get over the pain of the past or will their relationship be reduced to ashes before it can ever really begin?


99 Cent Release Sale! 
Incinerate will be 99 cents for 3 days only!
Amazon  
Ignite, Book 1 in the Explosive Series is also on sale 
for 99 cents for a limited time! 

Amazon Kindle Unlimited



Review by: HEATHER

Tessa Teevan is a go to author for me and Incinerate is one of my favorite books in the Explosive series so I jumped on the chance to hang out with the re formatted Knox Wellington.
I seriously LOVE Knox! He is moody and broody and broken and military which is my favorite kind of alpha. Due to some major betrayals in his past, Knox has a hard time trusting and has alienated himself from most of his family. He has the if they don't get close they can't hurt me type of defense mechanism when it comes to women. 
When Knox gets injured while deployed, he needs assistance in getting around so his brother Cohen gets a volunteer to help Knox.
Charlie Davenport has been unlucky in love. Fresh off of a break up the last thing she needs is someone like Knox and his trust issues. He's obnoxious. He's cranky. Worst of all, he is military and Charlie does not date soldiers.
This book. These characters (even Branson who I DIBS hardcore by the way to the cement shoes meet Hudson River kind of Dibs) are just so intriguing.
The chemistry between Knox and Charlie is totally blow up your kindle explosive. The push and pull. The banter. Charlie's way of handling Knox and Knox trying hard not to give into his desires. 
When they have sexy times Knox does not disappoint! Alpha all the way and those scenes are I need a cold shower every after one kind of hot.
The plot line is unique and enticing. I found myself rotting for almost everyone in this book! 
I think Tessa made a wise choice in reformatting and adding bonus chapters as this book (though it was 5 start for me to begin with) went from amazing to extremely amazing!
I recommend this series all the time and seriously think every alpha loving romance reader needs to get their hands on this book!

5 Stars 

Review by: SAM 

KNOX WELLINGTON OWNS ME! That is a fact! I loved him from the first time I encountered his story over a year ago and so reading this recently reformatted edition of this AMAZING book in the Explosion series brought back all of those feels from the very first time but also SO MUCH MORE! It sealed the deal for me that this is one of my top five books of all time and I enjoyed every God given second of it once again!

Tessa Teevan is aware of my stalker/fangirling abilities and knowing that she was reformatting AND gifting the world with a few extra bonus scenes for this book made me want to jump on a plane, cross the oceans and kiss her face off!
Tessa writes with an outstanding depth, her writing style makes you fall deeply into the world she creates and fall even harder for the characters.

Knox Wellington is an ASSHOLE! He is BROKEN, he is BITTER and the definition of HOLY MILITARY ALPHA HOTNESS! Past events have caused his acerbity towards women and his lack of trust in love. Let's be serious here, I would cut Megan, in the face, with an axe! The bitch needs hurting! After a military deployment gone wrong, Knox is left suffering physically. His younger brother Cohen and his best friend Jace arrange assistance to help nurse Knox back to health....an assistant called Charlie!
Charlie Davenport is one helluva kickass Heroine! I love everything about the woman and could relate to her thoughts and feelings so much! She is suffering from a broken heart, because her douchhole ex-fiancé couldn't keep it in his pants! So when she arrives to assist a soldier fresh out of war and hospital, the last thing she expected was this arrogant, green eyed, stud with a perfect jawline, abs, and a smirk that needs a good slap!
And let's just say, Knox assumed Charlie was a dude's name...(LAUGHED SO HARD)
As the story progresses, you find yourself pulled into every scene, situation and the delivery of these perfect characters. The book carried humour, hurt, heart and OH SWEET LORD....sex scenes that will ensure you EITHER DROP AND MOUNT YOUR KINDLES, or are left salivating like a freaking dog! Jesus Christ! I just.....pheeeeeeewwwwww GET THIS GIRL SOME ICE! STAT! The connection between the two main characters is something so real and I just could not get enough of the story! The supporting characters are such a beautiful ingredient to this story and I loved each and every one.....NOT Megan (the bitch is on my hitlist!)
I don't want to spoil what happens in the story, because this is one of those books that you need to just devour and appreciation a personal level. WHICH IS SOMETHING YOU NEED TO DO.....RIGHT NOW!!!

This book concreted the deal for me that Tessa is without a doubt one of the most talented authors I have had the pleasure of reading. She is one of my go-to authors anyway and this is because I just know that with each book she writes, she always delivers something so powerful, so strong and so memorable. This book is one of my top five reads of all time! Every reader needs to read it, but you also need to know that KNOX IS MINE! DIBS....yep! That is shouty capitals!
The bonus scenes were PERFECTION to an already outstanding novel, and falling in love with Knox and Charlie all over again was a readers dream!

6 STARS! TOP FIVE OF ALL TIME READ!



Review by: AMY 

HO LEE SMOKES!!! This book was seriously equal parts southern sweetness and hot as hell! It was defiantly worth the title that's for sure.  I have read these books out of order and have not suffered one single bit! As a standalone this book was amazing and the series is ABSOLUTLEY explosive!!!

I 100% loved Charlotte, or Charlie as she is lovingly called. She has spunk and a seriously stubborn streak that makes her undeniably spectacular as a leading lady. She is sweet southern belle meets bad ass GI Jane!! I loved that she could give as well as get the power in life and in her relationships. I never tired of reading her drive and determination in this book and it totally helped that she's a fellow Crimson Tide fan.... ROOOLLLL TIDE!!!

My God KNOX WELLINGTON is something to swoon all over. He is a broken soldier who learns to trust again in more than one aspect of his life. He shows so much strength and determination to grow as a soldier, friend and inevitably as a partner. Life has shown him some seriously Rocky roads, but through it all he over comes and seems to succeed.

Together Charlie and Knox defy many odds. They need to fight demons in their own personal lives to be able to learn to trust each other completely. Time and time again they are tested but it's their stubborn streak that can give them the edge to fight for what they both want so badly.

This is just another amazing book in a fantastic series. I really enjoyed this book and felt so connected to the entire cast of characters! It makes me hungry for more of this group. I loved all of the extra bonus material as well and it really helped me fall in love with al of them. Tessa's writing was fantastic and flowed amazingly. I am seriously in lust with all of the men in this series and can't wait to read more!! Great read, great story and amazing series! Incinerate is easily a 4.5 star read!

4.5 Stars 






EXCERPT:

“Sorry, sweetheart, but you’re going to have to hit a lot harder than that to leave a mark on my skin,” he prods, further irritating me, causing me to ball my hand into a fist again, ready to accept his challenge. 
“Let’s get a couple of things straight here, asshole. First of all, when I introduced myself to you last night, did I say, ‘Hey, sexy, I’m Charlotte. I want a good fuck and you look just like the guy to give it to me’? Well, did I?” I ask, seething with anger as he hesitates to answer me. Sure, I may have thought about his lips on my skin, but I never would’ve gone home with him on the first night, no matter what Lucy advised me to do. 
He blinks at me, looking from my fist to my face. “Uh…no?” 
“Exactly, so you can forget that whole part of your argument, but thank God you’re so fucking noble that you won’t sleep with another man’s woman. Seriously. Fucking kudos. I’ll have to get you a cookie for that.” He snorts, and I glare at him, shutting him up. “So second of all, did you ever ask if I have a boyfriend? Not that it should matter to you since you blew me off when I simply told you my name, but did you ever ask if I had a boyfriend?”
Again, I get a blank stare before he lets out another, “No.”
“So then ask me.” 
He clears his throat before he asks the question. “Charlotte, do you have a boyfriend?”
Giving him a sweet smile that’s still laced with venom, I answer him. “No, Knox, for your information, I do not have a boyfriend. I did, however, have a fiancé until a couple of months ago. It looks like we have one thing in common. I, like you, cannot stand cheaters.”



MEET Tessa Teevan:
Tessa is a twenty something book junkie who loves creating books boyfriends as much as she loves reading them. Government worker by day, writer by night, she gets little sleep, but couldn't imagine her life any less hectic. She lives just outside of Dayton, Ohio and has been married to her own book boyfriend for nine years. If she’s not writing or looking through tons of photos of hot men, all in the name of research, then you can probably find her curled up with my Kindle, ignoring the rest of the world. Her other obsessions include red wine, hot men, country music, and all things Stone Sour.  


CONNECT WITH Tessa:
Facebook  Twitter  Goodreads



No comments:

Post a Comment