photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

March 10, 2016

US by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy► FMR REVIEW







ABOUT US

Can your favorite hockey players finish their first season together undefeated?



Five months in, NHL forward Ryan Wesley is having a record-breaking rookie season. He’s living his dream of playing pro hockey and coming home every night to the man he loves—Jamie Canning, his longtime best friend turned boyfriend. There’s just one problem: the most important relationship of his life is one he needs to keep hidden, or else face a media storm that will eclipse his success on the ice. 

Jamie loves Wes. He really, truly does. But hiding sucks. It’s not the life Jamie envisioned for himself, and the strain of keeping their secret is taking its toll. It doesn’t help that his new job isn’t going as smoothly as he’d hoped, but he knows he can power through it as long as he has Wes. At least apartment 10B is their retreat, where they can always be themselves. 

Or can they? When Wes’s nosiest teammate moves in upstairs, the threads of their carefully woven lie begin to unravel. With the outside world determined to take its best shot at them, can Wes and Jamie develop major-league relationship skills on the fly? 

Warning: contains sexual situations, a vibrating chair, long-distance sexytimes and proof that hockey players look hot in any shade of green.




PURCHASE HERE: 

AMAZON  ❥ B&N   iBooks  ❥ Kobo



Review by: Erin 

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Wes and Jamie! These two could warm a nun’s panties! Their chemistry is off the charts HOT!!! I was blown away at the level of emotion in this story. Both of these characters have their own battles to face. Their relationship takes a few hits. But both of them come out on the other side stronger with a new, firm grip on their relationship. Both have several insecurities that play out. They both also learn what those insecurities are costing them. I loved reading their story. It flowed seamlessly. There were several times I was crying along with the characters. I love a book that can pull my emotions to the surface and this one did it effortlessly. I think these authors make an amazing team and write one seriously emotion yet HOT story! I would love to see them team up again!

5 Stars 


Review by: Rose 

Jamie and Wes's story continues in US, Boy oh Boy this couple is so hot. I loved HIM and US was a great ending to their story. This is by far the best MM story I have read. 

I laughed so much reading US, I also wanted to hug the boys at one point when things got too hard. 

Two awesome Authors teaming up to give us a great series. I would love to read more of Blake...Maybe have his own story? 

5 Stars 



Review by: Kim 

I missed the first book with these two yummy men. Normally I dont read sequels but in my opinion US is a continuation. There's enough backstory that I never felt lost.
Wes and Jamie haven't had an easy road of getting where they are. And both are hoping that the way stays smooth, but wishes are easily blown away. Because a huge, hilarious bump is about to block the way to the easy life for Jamie and Wes.
I fell so completely head over heels in love with Blake. I hope that he gets his own book. Blake is loud and brash. He likes to make people laugh and he's even a little bit sensitive. He's also very smart and notices more than Wes and Jamie want him too. 
There were times that Blake actually overshadowed everything else going on in the story. It seemed right though because that's just the kind of guy Blake is.
I loved the easy going relationship Wes has with his team and I loved the way those guys stood by Wes and Jamie.
US is a fast, sweet, sexy look at what happens next. Wes and Jamie's relationship is put to the test and both men have to really decide what comes next.
I was completely captured by this book.

5 Stars 




Review by: Gina 

I loved the first book, HIM!!! I just loved Jamie and Wes so I was super excited to read US! US continues the story of Jamie and Wes, they are together but now face a bumps in the road as they navigate their relationship. I loved being able to hear more about their story but I didn't feel this book was as exciting as the first one. There was a little drama here and there, but I just felt like it was missing something, something big. This book did not disappoint with all the hotness. Things between Jamie and Wes were definitely hotter than hot! I thought the writing was good with duel point of view. But I found the storyline to be lacking a little. I hope we get something with Blake, he was hilarious! Perhaps, something with Jess because I know there is something there! Overall, it was a great to hear more from Jamie and Wes. I recommend reading HIM first, just to get to know how these two got together.

4 Stars 









EXCERPT:

At long last, I’m twenty paces away, then ten. Then I’m opening our door. “Hey babe!” I call out like I always do. “I made it.” I drag my duffel over the threshold, then toss my suit coat on top, abandoning these things beside the door, because all I need now is a kiss.
Only then do I notice that our apartment smells amazing. Jamie has cooked dinner for me. Again. He is the perfect man, I swear to God.
“Hey!” he calls, emerging from the hallway leading to our bedroom. He’s wearing jeans and nothing else except—and this is unusual—a beard. “Do I know you?” He gives me a sexy smile.
“I was going to ask the same thing.” I’m staring at the sandy-blond beard. Jamie has always been clean-shaven. I mean—we’ve known each other since before facial hair. He looks different. Older, maybe.
And hot as blazes. Seriously, I can’t wait to feel that beard against my face, and maybe my balls… Jesus. The blood is already rushing south, and I’ve been home fifteen seconds.
And yet I’m just stuck there in the middle of the room for a moment, because even though it’s been eight months since Jamie and I started up together, I’m still a little stunned at my own good fortune. “Hi,” I say again, stupidly.
He walks forward, his easy gait so familiar that my heart breaks a little bit. He puts his hands on my traps and squeezes the muscle there. “Don’t go away for so long. If you do that again, I’m going to have to sneak into your hotel room on the road.”
“Promise?” I ask, and it comes out like gravel. He’s close enough now that I can smell the ocean scent of his shampoo and the beer he drank while he waited for me.
“If I ever get a winning lottery ticket and a day off, I’ll do it,” he says. “Hotel sex after a game? Sounds hot.”
Now I’m measuring the distance to our sofa and counting the layers of clothes I’ll need to remove in the next ninety seconds.








ABOUT Him: 


They don’t play for the same team. Or do they?


Jamie Canning has never been able to figure out how he lost his closest friend. Four years ago, his tattooed, wise-cracking, rule-breaking roommate cut him off without an explanation. So what if things got a little weird on the last night of hockey camp the summer they were eighteen? It was just a little drunken foolishness. Nobody died. 

Ryan Wesley’s biggest regret is coaxing his very straight friend into a bet that pushed the boundaries of their relationship. Now, with their college teams set to face off at the national championship, he’ll finally get a chance to apologize. But all it takes is one look at his longtime crush, and the ache is stronger than ever. 

Jamie has waited a long time for answers, but walks away with only more questions— 
can one night of sex ruin a friendship? If not, how about six more weeks of it? When Wesley turns up to coach alongside Jamie for one more hot summer at camp, Jamie has a few things to discover about his old friend...and a big one to learn about himself. 

Warning: contains sexual situations, hotties on hockey skates, skinnydipping, shenanigans in an SUV and proof that coming out to your family on social media is a dicey proposition.

PURCHASE HERE: 


No comments:

Post a Comment