photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

March 10, 2016

DIRTY by Kylie Scott► FMR REVIEW


Dirty 
(Dive Bar, #1)
by Kylie Scott

Coming April 5, 2016!




ABOUT Dirty


The last thing Vaughan Hewson expects to find when he returns to his childhood home is a broken hearted bride in his shower, let alone the drama and chaos that comes with her.

Lydia Green doesn't know whether to burn down the church or sit and cry in a corner. Discovering the love of your life is having an affair on your wedding day is bad enough. Finding out it's with his best man is another thing all together. She narrowly escapes tying the knot and meets Vaughan only hours later.

Vaughan is the exact opposite of the picture perfect, respected businessman she thought she'd marry. This former musician-turned-bartender is rough around the edges and unsettled. But she already tried Mr. Right and discovered he's all wrong-maybe it's time to give Mr. Right Now a chance.

After all, what's wrong with getting dirty?
 


Pre~Order HERE:
AMAZON


Review by: Dawn 

Wow She has done it again!! I couldn't put this book down!!
We are introduced to A brand new characters that have made me laugh made me cry. This book is about Vaughn in finding his way after his band broke up. But what he finds when he goes home is a runaway bride stashed away in his bathtub. The chemistry between these two is immediate and off the pages hot. At times they both are fighting their feelings for what they don't think they should have. This is one of the best work that has been done yet by Kylie. I cannot wait to continue the journey with this series.

5 Stars 



Review by: Gina 

I was super excited to read this book and when I started reading I was immediately sucked in. The beginning of the was a lot of fun and a really interesting way for two people to meet. But with the book having such amazing beginning it was really hard to go up from there and unfortunately, this book wasn't able to do that. After the first few chapter I felt that the book plateaued. I did really enjoy the characters and their relationship did progress through the book. There were a few bumps along the way, but I guess I would have like to see something more, something big. I thought the story was well written and I liked how to played with the music/band idea but it moved on from that at the same time. I am looking forward to the next book!

4 Stars 



Review by: Tatia 

I'm kicking myself for not having read anything by Kylie Scott before now. You'll now find my with my nose stuck in the Stage Dive series, catching up on all that I've been missing.
     Lydia, poor Lydia. When something happens on her wedding day that causes her to run, she runs right to the abandoned house next door.
She was a bit of a firecracker. I loved her wittiness and the way she stood up for herself. She's definitely not afraid to get a little physical either.
     Vaughan is not having the best time with life right now. He's in a slump of sorts. Now he just has to figure out what's next. Of course, he didn't figure that included a runaway bride with a rack he can't keep his eyes off of.
     Vaughan is the total opposite of what Lydia almost married. Well, really of anyone she's ever dated. He's a tattooed rocker. The bad boy. Maybe a change would be good for her as long as she can convince her heart to stay out of it.
   I ate this story up. The drama was through the roof. It was hilarious. Everyone had something, or three somethings, going wrong that usually involved a punch or two being thrown. It was chaos, but seemed to be resolved rather easily, for the most part. I kind of want my own town Dive Bar with a group of friends that are as close as family who would do anything for you. I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open to all that is Kylie Scott now. She's worked her way to the top of my tbr pile!

4 Stars 


Review by: Amy E 

This story was very well written like all of Kylie's books.  But unlike the Stage Dive series I wasn't as invested in this story.  

The story started with a bang and quickly snagged my attention.  Lydia was a firecracker and I quickly fell in love with her.  Vaughn I had a harder time connecting to. He was very closed off and hard to get a read on.

I loved the dynamic between the group of friends. There was so much love and support.  They really rounded out the story adding a lot of drama and humor.

There were several subjects in this book that were touched on but , then seemed to disappear without being resolved.  I think the story would have been more impactful to me if all these things had been seen through.

Overall I enjoyed this book but, it needed a little more for me to really love it.


3.5 Stars 






 MEET Kylie Scott:

Kylie is a New York Times and USA Today best-selling author. She was voted Australian Romance Writer of the year, 2013, by the Australian Romance Writer’s Association and her books have been translated into six different languages. She is a long time fan of romance, rock music, and B-grade horror films. Based in Queensland, Australia with her two children and husband, she reads, writes and never dithers around on the internet.
Contact her at kylie@kylie-scott.com




No comments:

Post a Comment