photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

March 08, 2016

Redemptive by Jay McLean► RELEASE DAY BLITZ & REVIEW

redemptive-fb-cover-available-now

RELEASE DAY BLITZ

Title: Redemptive (Combative Trilogy 2)

Author: Jay McLean

Release Day: March 8


Redemptive E-book

PURCHASE LINKS:

COMBATIVE (BOOK 1) ON SALE FOR 99c


Redemptive Wrap

BLURB

It's said that your life flashes before your eyes when you die.
It must only happen to those whose lives were worthy.
Clearly, mine was not.

The only thing that happened to me was a repeat of what I thought was my death.
The blast of the gun as it went off.
The loss of my breath as two hundred pounds of dead weight dropped on top of me.
And then darkness.
This replayed over and over.

When the guy squatted down next to me and asked if I was hurt, the only thing I could see, feel,
hear, were those few seconds.
Even now, as I sat in the back of a blacked out van—it was the only thing that ran through my mind.
Gunshot, breath, darkness.




 redemptive-square-LIVE

GOODREADS LINK:

Redemptive: http://bit.ly/1TItqis

Review by: Leeann 

If you have read Combative you will know who Nate & Bailey are.  If you haven’t then you should read that before you start Redemptive.

So this is the complete backstory to Bailey & how she knows Nate.  And, It is as shocking as it is beautifully sad.

Jay McLean has taken two broken young people & meshed them together to create one huge messy masterpiece!!
She brings being in the wrong place at the wrong time to a whole new level.
I actually found myself scratching my head at times trying to work out who I felt more empathy towards, Bailey, Nate or Nate’s best friend/body Guard Tiny!

As reviewers we often use the terms or expressions “My heart was ripped out of my chest & then was rebuilt with the sense of hope in the story”.
With this book, it is true, at times it feels like you are going to stop breathing or have your heart ripped out but there is no sense of hope to put it back together in
This story. The sense of hopelessness for Bailey & Nate grows stronger by the page.
In my humble opinion I think this would have much harder for the author to write. To give no sense of hope, only despair must have taken a huge toll on Jay McLean. To go
against that instinct to write a happy ending, I would imagine takes a lot out of someone!

But this is exactly how this story is written.

Why did I give it 5 stars with no HEA in sight and the continual sense of hopelessness? Because it damn well deserved it!! This book is well written, it has great characters that evolve and grow
Despite their circumstances throughout the book, the storyline is strong and amazingly captivating and the range of emotions this story drew out of my from the start to end was overwhelming.
I found at times I wanted to crawl into the pages & take Bailey & Nate & run. I admit there were times I also wanted to knock some sense into them too, but overall I felt incredible sadness for both
of their pasts. There are so many instances that my heart broke for them as a couple & as individuals. The love they felt for each other is enough to bring tears to your eyes. That they were able to
find some small joy in a crappy situation is amazing.

If you enjoy stories that draw out your emotions & leave you feeling like you know the characters personally then you are going to want to read this. You don’t want to miss this Jay McLean masterpiece!!  

5 Stars 




Redemptive-Teaser-3

Redemptive-teaser-LIVE

AUTHOR BIO

 Bio_pic

Jay McLean is an international best-selling author and full-time reader, writer of New Adult Romance, and most of all, procrastinator. When she’s not doing any of those things, she can be found running after her two little boys, playing house and binge watching Netflix. She writes what she loves to read, which are books that can make her laugh, make her hurt and make her feel.

Jay lives in the suburbs of Melbourne, Australia, in a forever half-done home where music is loud and laughter is louder.

AUTHOR LINKS 

Facebook | Fan Group | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Newsletter |


redemptive-fb-cover-REVIEW


 photo signature_zpsyqnzqh4c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment