photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

February 05, 2015

Love's Suicide by Jennifer Foor ~ REVIEW


My heart belonged to Branch and Brooks Valentine since we were children, when we were all too naïve to know what that even meant. We didn’t understand that when we became adults, love would change us. I had to make a choice and when I did, it ripped our bond apart. Brooks left town, and he took half of my heart with him. It was difficult, but I coped and planned my future with Branch. I thought I’d made the right decision. I loved him and I always had.

Brooks showed up to be our best man the night before our nuptials. After drinks and too much reminiscing, I ended up in bed with the wrong brother. To avoid the humiliation and the fact that I’d ruined all of our lives, I left Branch and the only family I’d ever known.

That’s where my story should have ended.

Two years, one beautiful little girl and an abusive marriage later, I was standing there staring at the man that would always hold my heart.

The only question was…

Would I give it to him

I’m Katy Michaels and this is my story. 





Review by Nicole


Holy crap, I wish I would have known this book was 550 pages when I started. This is a very long book, and a lot of stuff happens. Honestly I think it should have been separated into 2 books. I kept thinking, seriously what else can happen! I'd fine myself skimming certain parts because I felt they weren't nessisary. 
Now as far as characters go, they are what kept me going.
I like Katy, but I feel like she is whiney and plays the pity party a lot. This whole book you watch her make one stupid mistake after another. I kept yelling at my Kindle for her to just stop.
love Brooks! He made the story for me. He isn't super alpha male but he doesn't take people's shit. He loves Katy with all his heart and will do anything to make her happy.
Even though it was long I still loved this story. Sometimes we make stupid decisions that we wish we would have never made.
I just hope if she does more for this series to just cut it in half. 

                                             3.5 Stars 

Review by Tracy 

Katy Michaels grew up next door to the Valentines, with the parents being best friends.  So when her parents died it wasn’t a shock when she was left in the care of the Valentine’s. She grew up with and loved Branch and Brooks Valentine, although Brooks always held more of her heart then his brother did. When Katy was young Branch couldn’t let his brother win her heart when he wanted her for himself, and found the perfect way to do it. 

The night before her wedding to Branch, Katy and Brooks discover just how strong their love for each other really was. Katy knew what happened would destroy the family that took such good care of her, so she did what was best and ran. 
2 years, 1 daughter and a bad marriage later, she comes face to face with the man she loved her whole life. 

Is their love strong enough to handle the shit storm that is coming their way or will Katy do what she does best and run again? 

I wanted to read this story by Jennifer Foor because I enjoyed her Mitchell Family series. I had really high hopes for this one. I can’t say I didn’t like it because I did, there was just too many moments in the story that I found myself yelling at Katy for being so naïve and stupid, thinking that there is no way someone in their mid-20’s would act that way.

3.5 Stars 






AUTHOR BIO:
Jennifer Foor is an award winning Contemporary Romance Author. She's best known for the Mitchell Family Series, which includes ten books.
She is married with two children and spends most of her time behind a keyboard, writing stories that come from her heart. 



No comments:

Post a Comment