photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

February 16, 2016

UNREQUITED by Max Henry ► RELEASE DAY BLITZ & REVIEW





Title: Unrequited
Series: Fallen Aces MC #1
Author: Max Henry
Genre: MC Romance
 Release Date: February 16, 2016



Blurb

She was, still is, and will never be anything but my everything.

Our love was all consuming, passionate, and forbidden. We took risks to be together, carrying on an affair for years before her psychotic drug lord husband found the truth behind the lies. She barely escaped with her life … and that of my newborn son.

My club president told me that our love was no longer worth the risk, gave me a choice, and loyalty to the club being what it is, I walked away from her. I left behind the only thing I’ve ever wanted more than life itself and remained the dutiful soldier to a corrupt leader.

Six years and a promotion to club president later, it’s time the lies stopped. She IS worth the risk, I’ve NEVER gone a day without thinking about her OR my son, and I know underneath it all she DOES still love me. She just won’t admit it … yet.

It’s time to run this club my way and make my family what it should have always been—complete. The road may have been long and lonely, but the journey is far from over.








Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU
iBOOKS

Review by: Leeann 

I will start by saying if you don't like your biker stories with violence, then move right along. 
Oh and it is a cliff hanger too!

I myself.. loved it. It was raw, dirty and gritty and It had a great story line I could sink my teeth into. 

They say with risk comes reward but Elena and King learn the hard way that that isn't always the case. They have risked it all and it sure as hell has not paid off. They have found themselves in more trouble than either of them could ever have imagined.
King is a prospect in the Fallen Aces MC and Elena is marred to a Drug Lord who has Kings club under his thumb. Yeah, not a great combination.

Things continually go from bad to worse for this couple. Elena suffers violence you wouldn't wish on any woman and King is doing things he never thought he would do in his lifetime. They learn with every choice comes punishment. 

I know I am supposed to talk about character development and all sorts of technical stuff but honestly I was so caught up in the story that all of that went out the window because I was so wrapped up in what I was reading I forgot everything else.  By the time I got to the end I had experienced all the feels and was emotionally exhausted. 

If you are looking for a story that you can get lost in and forget the world around you really does exist then you need to check this one out! 


5 Stars 



Review by: Erin 

This story starts a little slow. I was surprised that King was a Prospect in the beginning. He is a little laid back to start with. But he gets more involved with the club as time goes on. My heart bleeds for Elena. She is caught between a rock and a hard place. She is essentially alone. King and Elena meet by chance and have an instant, deep attraction. There are forces on both sides keeping them apart. Their story is heartbreaking and will cause many tears. I am excited to see how it ends.

4 Stars 


Review by: Tatia 

I was torn while reading Unrequited. The characters were strong, stood up for themselves, and didn't take any crap. I think that's what saved it for me. The last 15% is where I was really glued to the story, trying to piece everything together.
I really loved King's character. He was strong. He showed what was important to him. While most characters in an MC story are 100% club first no matter what, King had trouble holding up that idea. As the story progressed, he found other things that held the same importance. He just has to find a way to make it all work.
Elena is as strong as she can be given the circumstances. She does what she thinks is best for her and her family. She tries her hardest to stand up for herself, even after she gets pushed down.
While I did find myself having to push through the beginning of the story was, I have to read the next book. The way we're left at the end of Unrequited leaves us wanting more, eagerly awaiting the next story in this series. I'd say a well-done for Max Henry with this new series.

3.75 Stars 









Author Bio


Max is the author of the suspense filled, and highly emotive Butcher Boys series. She writes uniquely dark romance, featuring damaged alphas and the women who help them achieve balance in their lives.

Originally born and bred in Canterbury, New Zealand, Max now resides with her family in beautiful and sunny Queensland, Australia. Life with two young children can be hectic at times, and although she may not write as often as she would like, Max wouldn't change a thing.

In her down time, Max can be found at her local gym, brain-storming through a session with the weights. Or, she may be out bumping, and jostling her way along a dirt track with the family in hubby's 4WD.




Author Links

GOODREADS



Giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment