photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

February 11, 2016

ALWAYS ROOM FOR CUPCAKES by Bethany Lopez ► FMR REVIEW




  cupcake (4)  

ALWAYS ROOM FOR CUPCAKES Synopsis:

One day I was be-bopping along jamming to the music in my head while wondering if my thighs could handle grabbing a cupcake on the way home. The next thing I knew, my entire world crashed and burned. I used to wake up at night in a sweat, crying because I’d dreamt that my husband was cheating on me, or that he hated me, and resented my kids. He’d always hold me close and tell me it was all just a dream, that he loved me and our family and that he’d never let me go. He was a f*cking liar. Now I spend my days taking photos of scum just like him, trying to be a champion for other's being taken advantage of by the losers in our town, and my nights being a single mom to my beautiful twins. I've got great friends who have my back, and a sexy, mysterious motorcycle man who keeps showing up when I need him. Maybe things are starting to look up, and one thing's for sure... There's always room for cupcakes.

cupcakefull

  Cupcakes Teaser (1)  

Special Pre-order/Release Week Price is $2.99

BUY Links:

Amazon | iBooks | Smashwords | Barnes & Noble | Kobo


Review by: Tracy 

I originally said yes to reading this because let's face it, who doesn't love a good cupcake. I wasn't quite sure what to expect from it though, all I know is that I enjoyed it.

Lila is a 30 something year old who works in a bakery, gets divorced from her cheating husband and then becomes a P.I. Seriously what's not to love about a scorned woman, they tend to usually be kick ass women. Then you add in the hot as sin man on a motorcycle.

Oh you have the recipe for the perfect book

4 Stars 



Review by: Nicole 

Lila is living her dream. She's a wife to a man who loves her and a mom to two beautiful twins. The suddenly comes crashing down when lila catches her husband cheating on her. She ends up taking a job for a man who hires hee to take picture of other cheaters. She doesn't feel bad since she feels like she is doing the wronged justice. But a mystery motorcycle man keeps showing up and could possibly change things.
I felt like this book was rushed and there was so much potential for more. I wish I would have known it was such a short books.
On a happier note I love Lila. She has a mouth in her and isn't afraid to show it. I also love the comedy aspect of this books, and the title is what drew me in. I guess the only think I wish I could have is more story.



3.5 Stars 




EXCERPT: 

“Who the f*ck are you?” I whipped my head up as I was shoving the camera back in my purse, and saw a strange man standing by a rehabbed old Camaro, smoking a cigarette. “Uh … a friend of Clarice’s. I was just using the bathroom,” I managed, not sure who the guy was, or what my next move should be. “Yeah?” he asked, throwing his cigarette to the ground and taking a step toward me. “You need a camera to do that?” Shit. Before he could make another move, I secured my bag on my shoulder, turned and took off like a shot. I hit Main Street, cursing myself for wearing the damn boots when the sound of a motorcycle pulling up along side of me caused me to turn my head. My first thought was, where the hell did the bike come from? Then I realized it wasn’t the slimy guy from behind the salon. The bike came to a stop and the most dangerously beautiful man I’d ever seen rumbled, “Get your sweet ass on the bike.” Huh? I stood there for a moment, wondering what in the hell was happening, if I should get on this strange man’s bike, and if I was offended or flattered by his sweet ass comment. “Darlin’,” he prodded. I turned my head to look behind me, and saw the slimy guy standing at the side of Clarice’s, and made a quick decision to accept … his offer of a ride, and the compliment. So, I swung my leg up and over the bike, settled my front to his back, and curled my arms around the thick bulk of his muscled body. Tingling head to toe from the adrenaline, and the close contact with a seriously hot man, I couldn’t stop my lips from spreading into a grin as we took off down Main Street.

  Cupcakes Teaser





AUTHOR INFORMATION:

A1nt0F1SfnL._UX250_

Sign up for my Newsletter for more information about my writing: http://eepurl.com/Rcmrn Award-Winning Author Bethany Lopez began self-publishing in June 2011. She's a lover of all things romance: books, movies, music, and life, and she incorporates that into the books she writes. When she isn't reading or writing, she loves spending time with her husband and children, traveling whenever possible. Some of her favorite things are: Kristen Ashley Books, coffee in the morning, and In N Out burgers. Bethany Lopez is represented by Marisa Corvisiero of Corvisiero Literary Agency.

AUTHOR LINKS:



 photo signature_zpsyqnzqh4c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment