photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

February 03, 2016

HAWKE by Sawyer Bennett ~ FMR REVIEW




Hawke: A Cold Fury Hockey Novel (Carolina Cold Fury Hockey) by Sawyer Bennett 

Releasing: March 15, 2016 



BLURB

The Carolina Cold Fury hockey team proves that love is a power play. As Sawyer Bennett’s New York Times bestselling series continues, the league’s most notorious party animal gets blindsided by the one that got away.

Off the ice, elite defenseman Hawke Therrien enjoys his fair share of booze and good times. And why shouldn’t he? He’s worked his way up from the minor leagues and made himself a star. The only thing Hawke misses from that life is the pierced, tattooed free spirit who broke his heart without so much as an explanation. She’s almost unrecognizable when she walks back into his life seven years later—except for the look in her eyes that feels like a punch to the gut.

Vale Campbell isn’t the same girl she was at twenty. As crazy as she was about Hawke, her reckless behavior and out-of-control drinking were starting to scare her. She had to clean up her act, and that would never happen with Hawke around. Cutting him loose was the hardest thing Vale ever had to do—until now. Because she’s still crazy about Hawke. And if he could ever learn to forgive her, they just might have a future together.


PREORER HERE




Review by: Kim 
Once again Sawyer Bennett shows us why she's one of the best when it comes to writing e-reader melting romance!
This latest installment to the Cold Fury series is one of the best in my opinion.
Even though Hawke is new to the line up of sexy, drool inducing hunky heroes that this author likes to write about (and thank goodness for her!), it only took a few lines and a couple of smirky smiles before I was putty.
Hawke, just like the rest of the guys that make up the Cold Fury hockey team, works hard at being on top of his game..being the best of the best. But Hawke also plays hard. Really hard. 
At first I thought he was going to be a total tool, but I should' ve known better. Yeah Hawke can be a douche, but then most guys are.
There are secrets in abundence in this book. There's hurt feelings and misunderstandings, there's also love and laughter and hot steamy fun times.
There's also something that I'm sure must have been really difficult to write about but as always Sawyer Bennett does an amazing job of writing with sensitivity and so much feeling that as I read I felt my heart twist in my chest.
Then there's Vale. She's strong and tough and so grown up. She's got her head on straight and it didn't take long for me to fall for her too.
I loved this book.
Another successful addition to this series.

5 Stars 




Review by: Dawn 

I have loved this series from the very start. Every book has gotten better and better. I thought I found the one character that I loved more than the others. I never expected to have her be able to top that but I was so wrong!! This story is so different from all the others in the series. What starts out as a typical broken heart love story quickly turns into a heartbreaking reconnecting. Through reliving the past and finding out things now Hawke makes a decision to fight for a future with the one women that held his heart so many years ago and never fully gave it back. Sometimes you get a story that puts it all into perspective for you and for me this was that story!! 

5 STARS ALL THE WAY!!!!


Review by: Amy E 

I love a good second chance romance.  I love the back and for between past and present as you discover how their story started while still experiencing it in the present.  Sawyer Bennett did an excellent job of melding the two stories together seamlessly.

Hawk was arrogant, cocky, and lived wild.  But he was also a rock of support when he was needed, a team player, and knew when to push to get what he wanted.

Vale was so strong.  So, so strong.  She was the epitome of what book heroines should be. Her capacity to love and forgive seemed endless.  

Hawk was a wonderful read that only left me wanting more from The Cold Fury.

4.5 Stars 



 photo signature_zpsyqnzqh4c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment