photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

February 12, 2016

JOCK BLOCKED by Jen Frederick ►FMR REVIEW







BLURB

She’s always played it safe…

College junior Lucy Washington abides by one rule—avoid risk at all costs. She’s cautious in every aspect of her life, from her health, to her mock trial team, to the boring guys she dates. When a brash, gorgeous jock walks into the campus coffeeshop and turns his flirt on, Lucy is stunned by the force of attraction. For the first time ever, she’s willing to step out of her comfort zone, but can she really trust the guy who’s determined to sweep her off her feet?

He’s always played around…

Entering his last year of college eligibility, linebacker Matthew "Matty" Iverson has the team captaincy in his sights. And it’s his for the taking, if he can convince his quarterback Ace Anderson to give up the starting position. Luckily, Matty already has an edge—the hottie he’s lusting over just happens to be Ace’s childhood best friend. Getting Lucy on his side and in his bed? Hell yeah. Matty is more than confident he can have both, but when he falls hard for Lucy, it’s time for a new game plan: convince the woman of his dreams that she’s not sleeping with the enemy. 

PURCHASE HERE: 

Review by: Erin 

This story was incredible. I love the storyline and it flowed effortlessly. The description and detail is wonderful. I love how the author portrayed the inner struggles of both Matthew and Lucy. These two characters are drawn to each other the first time they meet. They both struggle with the obstacles and turmoil they are faced with throughout the story. I loved those pivotal moments when each character realized they were meant to be together. And of course, those moments couldn’t happen at the same time. It gives their relationship more depth and foundation. These two have a strong connection and their chemistry is HOT, HOT, HOT. I did not read the first book in this series, but you can bet I am off to do that right now! Can’t wait to see what happens for some of the other players!

5 Stars 


Review by: Gina 

I love sport romances and this was great! I laughed, I swooned, there was a little drama and angst to keep me wanting more so over all it was a book I enjoyed. The story line was good and well written in duel POV. I enjoyed the characters. I found them to be relatable and lovable. As far as secondary characters go, I loved Hammer!!! I hope we get to see his story because I think that would be great! I found some parts of the story to be unnecessary and didn't see how it fit into the story line. There was a little bit of angst and drama to the story but there was potential for their to be just a little bit more and I would have liked to see that. Overall it was a great book, fun, light hearted kind of story that I would recommend, especially if you like hot football players who turn into sweethearts!

4 Stars 






Excerpt:

He leans toward me again. “How about this. I’ll take all the risks and you just come along for the ride.” 
“Matty, dating isn’t the risk. You’re the risk.” I lay down a few bills for my meal. “I’m not unhappy with how I live now. There’s nothing wrong with making measured decisions and weighing the risks versus the benefits.”
He watches me while I pull on my coat. “You’re right that there’s nothing wrong with how you’re living. I’m not judging that. I’m just saying maybe your life could be happier. And that sometimes taking a risk gives you big rewards.”
“And you’re that big reward?” 
He smiles wide. “You won’t know unless you give me a try."




 photo signature_zpsyqnzqh4c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment