photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

November 06, 2015

THE GAME PLAN by Kristen Callihan ~ FMR REVIEW



all's fair in love and football...
GAME ON







About The Game Plan


A beard-related dare and one hot-as-hell kiss changes everything.

NFL center Ethan Dexter’s focus has always been on playing football and little else. Except when it comes to one particular woman. The lovely Fiona Mackenzie might not care about his fame, but she’s also never looked at him as anything more than one of her brother-in-law’s best friend. That ends now.

Fi doesn’t know what to make of Dex. The bearded, tattooed, mountain of man-muscle looks more like a biker than a football player. Rumor has it he’s a virgin, but she finds that hard to believe. Because from the moment he decides to turn his quiet intensity on her she’s left weak at the knees and aching to see his famous control fully unleashed.

Dex is looking for a forever girl, but they live vastly different lives in separate cities. Fi ought to guard her heart and walk away. But Dex has upped his game and is using all his considerable charm to convince Fi he's her forever man.




PURCHASE HERE: 



Review by: AMY C 


I love a great story and fantastic characters and this book had it all!! The series is absolute gold and Kristen Callihan is an completely  brilliant writer. Her stories have smooth and fulfilling flow. Her characters are so easy to fall in love with, it really makes reading her books downright pleasure able to read. 

Fiona and Ethan are PURE GOLD in this book. Explosive and yet timid together they made reading this story just a joy. They are different enough to be daring and yet so familiar it's as though they've know each other forever. They have a chemistry that is off the charts yet so with in natural bounds you can't help but swoon and be on fire with lust every time they are in the same room together. She's vulnerable and head strong and he's powerfully aloof and together they EXPLODE on the pages. 

This book was so much of everything I didn't expect. Not a ton of angst, but chalked full of catch my breath subtle swooning. I was swiping the pages of my kindle so fast I was feeling  the burn. I read through this book in one sitting and craved more when it finally ended. SERIOUSLY craving more Fi-than story for sure!!! Totally recommend this whole series and especially is book. Kristen's books are a joy to read and an absolute must! 

5 easy stars for this one for sure!!



Review by: Tatia 

Gah!! Simply put, I loved everything about this story. Kristen Callihan has reserved her spot on my list of authors to auto one-click by creating stories that I'm able to fully get lost in. She gives us characters that are resilient, sexy, incredibly talented in so many different aspects (wink wink), compliment each other so well, not just as a couple but also has a group.
Fiona is kind of the black sheep of the family. Her dad calls for Flighty Fi. She has a tendency to run when things get tough and can't seem to really pick a set career. That name puts a sense of fear in her, in disappointing her parents and also herself. But when it comes to men, she knows what she wants. That is, absolutely no one in sports. Well, at least that's what she thought she wanted.
Ethan Dexter, or Dex as so many know him as, is a Football star. Having grown up with Drew and Gray, they all made it and drafted together. He's always kept to himself for many different reasons. He's the Papa Bear so to speak. He keeps everyone in line and focused. He's also had his eyes set on the one and only Fiona for years now. Being polar opposites, and also his best friend's sister-in-law, he's always known her to be off limits. So what's he to do?
I read this entire story too quickly. I always go in to it saying that I'll take my time, savor it, hold on to it as long as possible. When a story grips me like this, I just can't do it. Before I know it, I'm turning the last page and wondering where the time went. I say that is one of the things that makes for a wonderful book, though. To be able to block everything out and only focus on what you're reading is a fantastic feeling. One that doesn't last nearly long enough.
I loved getting more from everyone in the series, seeing how Dex and Fi grew together, how things just clicked for them. Even though Dex is a man's man, that doesn't stop Fi from doing what she truly loves, working with her hands and getting dirty. They just worked so well together. This isn't to be said that things didn't get tough, limits were pushed and boundaries crossed, but somehow those are the things that make you realize what is the most important. You'll love The Game Plan. My favorite of the series, they're all books I can pick up time after time and get lost in.


5 Stars 


Review by: Sam 

Since reading 'The Hook Up'- Book 1 in the Game On Series, I have stalked/fangirled and fallen MADLY in love with Kristen Callahan's books! 
I absolutely adored the first two books in this series and so, seeing the sign up for Book 3 'The Game Plan', my fangirl mode went into complete and utter overdrive!!! There was screaming, jumping up and down, running around my house like a lunatic and syncing my kindle for weeks, until that baby touched down!!!!
Let me tell you this! 
THIS SERIES JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER! Every single time! 
'The Game Plan' is the story of Fi, the feisty, pocket sized, beautiful, designer and Dex, the bearded, beautiful, NFL playing GIANT, SKYSCRAPER OF A MAN! 
Dex has had HUGE feelings for Fi for a long assed time! It's not until years later, that he actually makes the moves to FINALLY make her notice him, in the way he has wanted her to FOREVER! 
When Fi DOES notice him, I swear to all that is holy, I saw unicorns flying past my window and rainbows bursting out of my floor! IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!! And hell, that first kiss.....I HEARD CHOIRS SINGING 'HALLELUJAH!' This was just the start of the addiction that is this story! 
Fi is a BEAUTIFUL heroine! She made me laugh out loud, I found her relatable and I love what Kristen Callahan did with her character. I sympathised with Fi during the times where she really wanted to find herself, the times where she wanted to be something bigger and better instead of living in the shadows of others. 
I can't find words that can describe the love I have for that beautiful bearded soul, Dex! I swear, the amount of times I swooned cannot be counted on two hands. He is such a thinker, so deep and so troubled. But he puts on this brave front at all times, until Fi smashes her way through the walls he has built so high! 
You are taken on such a beautiful journey, with amazing character growth and depth, feels that just capture every part of you from the humour, the HOT SCENES, right down to the sadness and aching I felt.
I could not get enough of just how different both main characters were, but together, they were so compatible, so right and quite simply, soul-touching. 
Even when distance was between Fi and Dex, they were just perfect. 
The supporting characters, some who we have met in the previous books in the series, added great hilarity and touching moments to the story. I loved the friendship and brotherhood between Dex and Gray. Fi and Ivy are sisters and I loved the bond they have despite how different they are.
OVERALL, this book is just a PERFECT addition to an AMAZING series! 
I cannot wait to see what Kristen Callahan brings to the book world next, let the stalking commence! 

5+ STARS






MEET Kristen:

Kristen Callihan is an author because there is nothing else she'd rather be. She is a three-time RITA nominee and winner of two RT Reviewer's Choice awards. Her novels have garnered starred reviews from Publisher's Weekly and the Library Journal, as well as being awarded top picks by many reviewers. Her debut book FIRELIGHT received RT Magazine's Seal of Excellence, was named a best book of the year by Library Journal, best book of Spring 2012 by Publisher's Weekly, and was named the best romance book of 2012 by ALA RUSA. When she is not writing, she is reading.

CONNECT WITH Kristen:






 photo signature_zpsyqnzqh4c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment