photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

November 11, 2015

Set Free by Author Kelly Collins ~ PROMO & Review


                          SET FREE 

AUTHOR: Kelly Collins
GENRE: Contemporary romance with an 18+ warning


One ex-convict, one detective, one ranch, one hell of a ride.



When twenty-four-year-old Mickey Mercer walked out of the Denver Women’s Correctional Facility she had two things on her mind: the friends she left behind and the rough road ahead.
She had a failing ranch, a rundown home, and an angry ex-boyfriend determined to crush her. That was until a stranger appointed himself her personal savior.
Detective McKinley’s job was to protect and serve. His life was consumed by work until he found Mickey walking down a dusty road. She was a mess and in trouble, and t. There was nothing sexier than trouble. Mickey was everything he wanted, but nothing he needed. That was the lie he told himself.

Set Free is a story about love, hope, and redemption. Sometimes,
people aren’t what they seem. Sometimes, they’re better.

AMAZON


Review by: Leeann 

This is the 1st book in this series and I have to say it is a brilliant story to kick this series off with.

Kerrick and Mickey are not who you would pick as an ideal couple. He Is a detective and she is an ex-con. When they first meet the sparks ignite immediately
and they soon learn there is no point fighting it.
They have both have baggage & it’s not the light kind either. They have huge obstacles to get through before they can have any kind of proper relationship
and they both need to decide if it worth the fight. 

This author has a way of writing that shines a light on even the darkest of times. Her characters are complex and her story telling is amazing.
At the beginning of this story Mickey is in a vulnerable position and feels as if there is no hope. Kerrick is in a slump. He loves his job but doesn’t feel he is worthy
of a loving relationship. As the story progresses, you see Mickey come right out of her shell and learn that she is capable of making something of her life and she has
the power to stand up for herself and also that she deserves good things to happen to her. Kerrick slowly learns that not all women will resent his job and he actually
has a lot to offer the right woman. By the time you get to the end of the story the characters have evolved and grown into their relationship.

What I like about Mickey and Kerrick is that even though together they sizzle, they became friends before they started any kind of relationship. They were both in a
Position where they needed a good friend so that part of their relationship kind of developed first and this is a great foundation to build a romantic relationship on.
They are also both really nice people. They are kind hearted & giving & would do anything to help anyone in need. They find not only friendship in each other but also
family. They give each other a much needed sense of belonging. Their relationship is beautiful to watch develop & evolve.

There is an element of danger and suspense in this book & at times I feared for Mickeys safety. Their story is written in a realistic way that has you able to picture what
Is happening in your mind and has you not wanting to put the book down right until the end.

I was hooked from start to finish & recommend everyone gets their one click finger out for this one!!  

5 Stars 






I resigned myself to hoofing it up the road. Step by step, I distanced myself from the prison. The farther I got, the better I felt. My meager steps turned into long strides. My rounded shoulders straightened. With each step, the dirt I kicked up buried my past.
Twenty minutes later, the prison faded from view. The road ahead twisted and turned with nothing in sight. Leaving the confines of the Denver Women’s Correctional Facility, I didn’t expect my lack of resources to confine me in a new type of hell.

The sun sat high in the sky and I was well on my way to sunburnt limbs. Leaning against a signpost on the side of the road, my eyes searched for cars leaving the prison. Maybe someone would be kind enough to give me a ride.


 photo signature_zpsyqnzqh4c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment