photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

November 13, 2015

Reap by Tillie Cole ~ FMR REVIEW



Reap
(Scarred Souls, #2)
by Tillie Cole
OUT NOW!


ABOUT Reap:

Raised as a prototype for the Georgian Bratva's obedience drug, 221 fails to think, act, or live for himself; he's his master's perfectly-crafted killing puppet. Standing at six-foot-six, weighing two-hundred-and-fifty pounds, and unrivaled in to-the-death combat, 221 successfully secures business for the Georgian Mafiya Boss of NYC, who rules the dark world of the criminal underground. Until his enemies capture him.

Talia Tolstaia dreams to break from the heavy clutches of Bratva life. She dreams of another life--away from the stifling leash of her Russian Bratva Boss father and from the brutality of her work at The Dungeon, her criminal family's underground death-match enterprise. But when she stumbles upon her family's captive who is more monster than man, she starts to see the man underneath. A powerful, beautiful, damaged man whose heart calls to hers. But sacrifices must be made--blood for blood...life for life...souls for scarred souls...



PURCHASE HERE:


Review by: Erin

“You are……for me?” OMG I am still crying! These characters are forever embedded in my soul. The emotion and detail in this story are incredible. The storyline flows effortlessly and is one of a kind. Talia and 221 (Zaal) will leave you with an amazing new outlook on life. It is hard to write this review without giving spoilers. I believe that the reader should get to experience this book in its entirety without waiting for specific parts to happen. With that said, these characters will grab hold of you and never let go. They are very intense. This author has a way of writing her stories so that they pull you in and make you feel like you are part of the story. I love her writing style and her storylines. I highly recommend this series to EVERYONE!!! If you have not read Raze, I strongly suggest you read it first. You will not regret it.

6 Stars

Review by: Sam

How in the world am I supposed to put this book, the feels, the writing and the characters into words?????? 

I have been sitting here trying to write this review for the past 4 hours and went back to look at my highlights, which ended up in me reading the whole book, again! THAT READERS, IS THE TILLIE COLE EFFECT!

I cannot even begin to describe just how much this book, the emotions and the authors outstanding writing made me feel! 
Tillie Cole is one of my top authors of all time! Her novels are more than just stories. They are literary experiences that wrap around you and sink straight through to your soul! 
'Raze' was one of my top reads of this year. It had such a deep, raw and dark edge to the story, I still think about it many months later. 
So, when the cover and blurb of 'Reap' book two in the "Scarred Souls Series" was released, I just knew it was going to blow my mind!
The story that Tillie has actually written, is above and beyond anything I ever expected! 

The intense torture, creative depth, beautiful heart and the unique characters make this book so special.
I loved that when reading, this book was playing out like a Movie so vividly in my mind. I could envision the locations, the characters, the passion and the moments that made my heart burst.
221 is one of the most brutal, broken and intense characters I have ever read. His presence throughout had me on edge, just waiting for the moment he would snap. Tillie captured every detail of his persona with complete perfection. 
I felt such a strong connection to his character, I cried for him, I hurt for him, I lusted for him and his bravery, sacrifices and complexity left me in awe.

Talia, is a force to be reckoned with. Tillie Cole makes me fall head over heels in love with her female characters during every single of of her books and Talia is up there with the best of them. I adored her strength, her fierceness, her power and her patience. The way she took force of her own actions, and did what she felt was needed, absolutely rocked my world. 

The connection, the love and the soul touching trust between these two characters, cannot even be described.
It is just OUTSTANDING. 

Readers who have read the first book in the series will be delighted to know that we get appearances from the characters you met previously.
They hold a huge importance to this story, and the storyline Tillie Cole went with and developed, is something that I was craving as a reader. 

THIS IS AN AMAZING CONTINUATION OF A TRULY BREATHTAKING SERIES! 
I cannot wait for more.
Readers, I will leave you with a quote from this book that had such a huge impact, please please buy this book and feel it for yourself! 

"You are...for me."

5 Stars

Review by: Amy C

"He looked back up at me and I could see confusion clouding his features. He watched me and I watched him." They were not supposed to be near one another but the heart wants what the heart wants. Even before either of them knew  it they were destined, connected to  one another. One of them always searching for their other half. While the other had no idea that searching was even a possibility.

Written so delicately, these two unlikely souls became intertwined by tragedy and  loss as well as hope for the future. They were given almost no chance to break free from the prisons they each were bound to, but one promise would seal their fates forever. The underground fighting world is really no place for a future. Somehow a future is found and breathed new life into a once tortured man.

These characters are magnificently created with strength and purpose. They are tortured and transparent one minute, then opaque and barely visible  the next. Tillie has so much depth in her writing that I am completely entranced by her stories. She writes with so much passion that it's impossible not to feel empowered by all the feels. 

I am a lover of writing, a reader for feeling and a true fan of this woman's work. It is always so carefully thought out and hand crafted to perfection. I feel so deeply from the moment I begin a book of hers and this story, this series is no exception. I absolutely recommend this book. I recommend the characters for they will change your thoughts on family history, tradition and loyalty. I recommends the the setting for although it isn't conventional, it will test your willingness to look outside your comfort zone. I recommend this author because her ability to write so purely will forever brand your heart. 

5 Stars

Review by: Cristina

Tillie Cole is an author that has gotten me to read books that are totally out of my element. After reading Raze (the first book I have ever read by her and the first book in the Scarred Souls series) I was not sure if I would get the same effect reading about the Mafia World and the detail visuals of the characters lifestyles but just the prologue alone already had proved me wrong. 

This story will have you torn and full of emotions just by learning the background history of 221 a.k.a. Zaal Kostova. No memory of his life since he was taken and experimented on with a drug that takes over the mind and control of his actions. 

Talia Tolstaia needed a break from being a sponsor recruiter for the Dungeon and being a daughter of the Bratava boss of New York. However, while laying low her plans changes when Zaal has to hideout in her basement thanks to her brother, Luka seeking revenge on his best friend’s behalf. 

His eyelids fluttered in sleep, and running my finger down his stubbled sheek, I whispered, “Zaal Kostava, you’ve stolen my forbidden heart.”

Oh the damn feels! There were many felt throughout the book that had wrecked me and shattered my soul. Gut wrenching that started an endless roller coaster ride of constant emotions. Moments that had me shocked by what was presented before me of the ugly life that Zaal had endured. The 4.5 stars read is one that will have you on the edge of pain and lost of breath while moving at the same time. 

4.5 Stars


MEET Tillie Cole:

Amazon & USA Today Best Selling Author, Tillie Cole, is a Northern girl through and through. She originates from a place called Teesside on that little but awesomely sunny (okay I exaggerate) Isle called Great Britain. She was brought up surrounded by her English rose mother -- a farmer's daughter, her crazy Scottish father, a savagely sarcastic sister and a multitude of rescue animals and horses.
Being a scary blend of Scottish and English, Tillie embraces both cultures; her English heritage through her love of HP sauce and freshly made Yorkshire Puddings, and her Scottish which is mostly demonstrated by her frighteningly foul-mouthed episodes of pure rage and her much loved dirty jokes.

Having been born and raised as a Teesside Smoggie, Tillie, at age nineteen, moved forty miles north to the 'Toon', Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, where she attended Newcastle University and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts honours degree in Religious Studies. She returned two years later to complete a Post-Graduate Certificate in Teaching High School Social Studies. Tillie, regards Newcastle to be a home from home and enjoyed the Newcastle Geordie way of life for seven 'proper mint' and 'lush' years.

One summers day, after finishing reading her thousandth book on her much loved and treasured Kindle, Tillie turned to her husband and declared, "D'you know, I have a great idea for a story. I could write a book." Several months later, after repeating the same tired line at the close of another completed story, she was scolded by her husband to shut up talking about writing a novel and "just bloody do it!" For the first time in eleven years, Tillie actually took his advice (he is still trying to get over the shock) and immediately set off on a crazy journey, delving deep into her fertile imagination.

Tillie, ever since, has written from the heart. She combines her passion for anything camp and glittery with her love of humour and dark brooding men (most often muscled and tattooed – they’re her weakness!). She also has a serious side (believe it or not!) and loves to immerse herself in the complex study of World Religions, History and Cultural Studies and creates fantasy stories that enable her to thread serious issues and topics into her writing -- yep, there's more to this girl than profanity and sparkles!

After six years of teaching high school Social Studies and following her Professional Rugby Player husband around Europe, they have finally given up their nomadic way of life and settled in Calgary, Alberta where Tillie spends most of her days (and many a late night) lost in a writing euphoria or pursuing a dazzling career as a barrel-racing, tasselled-chap wearing, Stetson-sporting cowgirl... Ye-haw!



CONNECT WITH Tillie:





 photo signature_zpsyqnzqh4c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment