photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

November 22, 2016

Words I Couldn’t Say by Tessa Teevan • RELEASE DAY BLITZ & REVIEW


Title: Words I Couldn’t Say
Series: Promise in Prose #1
Author: Tessa Teevan
Release Date: Nov 22, 2016
Genre: Standalone Contemporary Romance
Photo Credit: Sara Eirew Photography

You know the old adage “if you love something, set it free?"

It's the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

The dumbest thing I've ever done.
I loved her. I lost her. Hell, I let her go. And then spent five miserable years without her.
To cope with the loss, I put pen to paper and wrote her a love story, knowing when she was ready she’d hear the words I couldn’t say all those years ago. 
Turned out, not only would she hear them, but when Hollywood came calling, I made sure she got the lead role. After all, no one else could portray the character whom she’d inspired.
Now she's within arms' reach and finally, she'll know the truth in my heart.
Because that other cliché, “Actions speak louder than words?”
I’m going to prove it. 
My words may have brought Ava Banks back into my life; I have to be enough to make her stay.


http://amzn.to/2fkiIRP



Review by: Gina 

Words I Couldn't Say...EPIC love story!!! This book gutted me and I wanted more!!! There was so much emotion in this book from the first page all the way to the last. I don't even know how the author got through writing it because I was a mess from the first page! It is such a beautifully written friends to lovers who are torn apart but get that second chance story. 

This book started off in the not so traditional sense and I LOVE THAT!!! From that point I was sucked in!!! It's a story of young love that goes through some rough times. Tucker goes through this traumatic event and Ava doesn't know what to do, should she stay, should she go. She does end up leaving but years later they are reunited and neither one of have lost those feelings that they had for each other years ago. 



The author did a fantastic job painting this amazing story for the reader. The author was able to bring out so many emotions and made me feel exactly what the characters were feeling. I have no words for how much I loved this book! It was extremely well written in duel point of views. And I just loved the characters. They had a relatable quality to them. True love always prevails! 

I highly recommend this book, especially if you love those emotional love stories. 

5 Stars 


Review by: Amy E 

This book started on such an emotional high and then just continued to build and build.  My heart was full, it was aching, it raced with anticipation, and it clenched in fear.  It felt everything on such a magnified level that st certain points I was left breathless, others in tears.

The development of this story, these characters, the emotions was perfection.  I fell in love with Ava the second I met her and even when she made questionable choices or let fear hold her back I still cheered her on as she searched and worked for her happy ending.

Tucker isn't your typical male character.  He doesn't play games. He sees what he wants and he does what he can to make it happen, in all facets of his life.  He was forced to be a man before he was ready but it shaped him into this amazing person who you couldn't help but root for.

After finishing this book I immediately wanted to pick it back and read it all over again.  There wasn't a second of this book that didn't leave me excited an anxious for what would happen next.  Truly Tessa's best work thus far and I'm excited to see where she will take us next.

5 Stars 



Review by: Amy C 

OH MY GOSH!!! Ava & Tucker are all grown up! I loved seeing them grown and navigating their lives in the real world. Not that their best friendship was adorable, but c'mon!!! He's the guy next door and she's the sweet innocent girl next door and I was dying t know what would become of these two. Thank you Tessa for not keeping this reader hanging on forever!!

These two were both adorable and maddening! I loved seeing them all grown up. Seeing them as adults trying to get through careers and life changes was cool to see but the  real meat of this book was whether they  would find their way back to each other. With lives so polar opposite I was trying to see how the would ever cross paths...until an opportunity presented itself and Tucker couldn't resist. A chance meeting again was all he hoped would bring them back to the good days they'd had before. 

This book was so unexpected for me and the result was fabulous. It was cute and endearing while mildly drama packed. No real heartache and stress made this book absolutely easy to read and enjoy. 

4.5 Stars 


Review by: Stacey 

Words I couldn't say was my 1st book my Tessa Teevan and it will definitely not be my last!!! I loved that this YA READ had me crying in the 1st few pages and then had me full of hope and was a page turner just in awe of the love Tucker and Ava had for one another!!! This is a second chance romance and I adore those....so let's just say this is about the one that got away and how each party yearns for eachother for 5 LONG and lonely years. But when they finally connect they don't know what to expect or where or how it could work. The question of trust and can we last come hard for Tucker because Ava walked away once and it all but broke him and he doesn't know if he can handle heartbreak again. Their love is soul mate, love of my life kinda love and I envied their bond and soooooo wanted a HEA and with each page Tessa had me wondering what was gonna happen next!!! But no spoilers here ....I highly recommend this story and think every needs a little Tucker in their life!!!

4 Stars 

The air around us was silent save for the crickets chirping off in the distance. The cool Cincinnati breeze nipped at my skin while I waited for his reaction. When I’d started writing this novel, it had been an ode to my past love. My past life. But then it’d taken on a life of its own and become so much more. Which had made it that much more poignant. That much harder to fathom the one word that’d been haunting me for years.

Goodbye.

At long last, he turned to the final page and sucked in a breath. My stomach twisted in knots because he was about to read the end. And I didn’t know how he’d interpret it. Half scared he’d tell me that I’d lost my mind and no one would ever want to read this story, especially with that ending.

He didn’t make me wait long. As his head slowly rose, I was taken aback at the tears shining in his usually cheerful eyes. This man, who had always been like a second father to me, had been reduced to tears by my words. My words. Words we both knew for whom they were meant. And, instead of calling me a fool or attempting to kill me, he watched me with tearful appreciation, switching between nodding and shaking his head as if trying to process it all.

I didn’t know how to react, so I simply stared at him, waiting for him to say something. Anything.

He closed the manuscript and set it on the table in front of us before taking a long swig from his whiskey glass. I followed suit and enjoyed the smoky burn that did little to soothe my nerves.

“Jesus Christ,” he muttered, his eyes locking in on mine. “Tucker. You did it. You fucking did it,” he whispered, seemingly unashamed of his emotional display.

I nodded, the same emotion welling up inside me when I remembered the ending of my first novel. So many love stories begin with the girl who got away. Mine wasn’t any different. Not only in my novel, but in real life as well. Ava Banks was, and always would be, that girl for me. But, instead of slipping through my fingers, she’d made the conscious decision to leave. And, like most dumbass men, I’d let her. Hell, I’d pushed her away. I’d regretted it ever since.

But, now, I was hoping like hell I could get the second chance Trevor did. Hoping like hell my story would turn out differently than his. But, either way, I was putting myself out there, as terrifying as that was. She finally, finally would hear the words I couldn’t say all those years ago.

Now, I just had to wait to see what she’d do about it. 

Tessa Teevan is a twenty-something book junkie who is also obsessed with sports. Bengals, Buckeyes, Reds are who she spends her time rooting for. She’s a research analyst by day, reads/writes by night, and is married to a guy 15 inches taller than her, making them quite the pair! They currently reside just outside of Dayton, OH with two adorably grumpy cats. 
If she’s not writing or scouring through tons of photos of hot men, all in the name of research, then you can probably find her curled up with her Kindle, ignoring the rest of the world. She loves her sports almost as much as she loves her books. Her other obsessions include red wine, hot men, rock music, and all things Corey Taylor. 
She adores hearing from readers, so please feel free to contact via any social media site listed below. 
  

 photo signature_zpsyqnzqh4c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment