photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

September 09, 2015

Paper Hearts by Claire Contreras ~ FMR REVIEW



Paper Hearts
(Hearts, #2)
by Claire Contreras




About Paper Hearts:

I lost her.
No, I didn't lose her. I threw her away.
She was my best friend.

I was never supposed to fall in love with her.
I was careless.
She was heartbroken.

I thought I was doing fine. But here she is, years later, forced to work with me, reminding me why I fell in love with her in the first place.
And this time I'm going to do everything in my power to never let her go.

Buy Link:


Review by: Sam

I'm still at a loss for words! Like seriously, I have no idea where to even start with this review! I mean, I'm still sitting here after just finishing the beautiful journey of Mia and Jensen, with a heart that could just burst from feeling so full,I have butterflies in my stomach and I am smiling so big my face actually hurts. 
This is one of the best second chance romance novels to grace the book world! THAT IS A FACT!!

Claire Contreras always writes with so much emotion, beautiful passion and outstanding heartwarming depth and fluidity, that make her books stay with you days, weeks and months after finishing. 
'Kaleidoscope Hearts' is one of my top reads of all time, so my expectations for 'PaperHearts' were absolutely huge, making me so nervous! But what Claire actually delivered was something so raw, so real, emotional and heartfelt  that I'm not sure how I will ever get over this book. 

If you have not read Torn Hearts the novella, DON'T PANIC, it is included at the beginning of this book and you will need to read it first! It sets you up for this beautiful novel and is where you will get your first proper taste of Mia and Jensen in the earlier days.

Five years on, Paper Hearts kicks off with Estelle's (female lead in Kaleidoscope Hearts) best friend, Mia, the very talented photographer from Santa Barbra, with a passion for capturing real life images that hold heart, meaning and reality. She is a FUN-SIZED package of sass, beauty, friendship, family and heartbreak, with an opportunity to work in NYC for a magazine. I adored everything about this gorgeous girl. I sympathised with every thought, feeling and worry in her head, all of which were REAL! Claire Contreras captured this so perfectly and I know all readers will be able to relate to her in some way. 

Jensen, the author, the freelancer, the guy who got away. He lives in NYC, and five years on, he knows what he wants and will stop at nothing to get it. Life events have caused him to mature and understand that his previous actions caused so much hurt, so much heartache, and the one person he never got over is about to land right on his doorstep. I swear, his character made me swoon, he made me cry and I fell deeply in love with everything he said. Plus the fact that he is SO FREAKING SEXY just added to the complete package of his character, making him jump right into my top ten book boyfriends of all time. 

The chemistry and tension between these two main characters was absolutely OUT OF THIS WORLD! I felt so many emotions. I found myself laughing, ugly crying, swooning, frustrated, nervous, oh sweet lord....so so so so so so many heart wrenching  feels. When their paths collide again after so much time, you just know that you are going to be in for something magical and really outstanding. The book is told in Mia's POV with a unique addition of Jensen's POV, which really held my attention from start to finish.

The supporting characters were PERFECT! The friendships, the support they provided, the hilarious banter between all really glued this book together for me. They held such a huge presence throughout and I was delighted we revisited characters from Kaleidoscope Heartsas well as the new additions. Mia's family were also wonderful and I loved that even if sometimes they were a little overbearing, it was all in the name of love for their girl. 
I won't spoil the story, and I am certainly not going to tell you what happens between Mia and Jensen. This book deserves to be experienced.

Claire Contreras has once again delivered something absolutely breathtaking. The way she has written the forgiveness, the forever kind of love and the emotion in this book has me sitting here now crying again. I feel so privileged to have read something so beautiful, so relatable and this book, the life lessons written within the story will stay with me forever. This isn't just a story, this isn't just a book, this is an experience, a journey and something truly spectacular. Congratulations Claire, it is outstanding. 

6 BEAUTIFUL STARS


Review by: Tatia

"Real love stories never end."

There is one wrong way to read this book, and that would be to not read it at all. The emotion that flows through this book seeped in to my soul. I couldn't help but to feel it all. I felt the heartache, where I was holding my chest in fear that my heart was literally falling apart. I felt the ache in the pit of my stomach from all of the disparaging thoughts running through my mind. I got chills from the fear that what would happen next would completely destroy me. And then I felt hope, hope that just maybe, my fragile heart could be repaired and glued back together.

Jensen and Mia - there is no couple more perfect for each other. They feed off of each other's emotions in a way that we don't often see, not in a way that you know there souls are so tightly intertwined that nothing could truly tear them apart. Their story made me lose my breath. It was truly that beautiful. Claire Contreras knows how to bare her soul on paper so that when our eyes connect with the words it becomes apart of us. I feel like it's not possible to accurately portray how amazing her words are. It's an experience you just have to have for yourself, one that will leave you feeling stripped and vulnerable while giving you a whole new outlook about love lost and second chances that leave you feeling like there is hope out there for everyone.

5 Stars


Meet Claire Contreras:


Claire is a New York Times & USA Today Best Selling author, mother of two, wife of one, owner of three dogs, and breast cancer survivor.

She enjoys writing anything from children’s stories to erotic suspense, but her most notable work is a contemporary romance. When she’s not writing, she’s reading and dreaming about places she wants to visit. 

Connect with Claire:



No comments:

Post a Comment