photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

September 07, 2015

Finding You by Kelly Elliott ~ REVIEW TOUR









Release Day: Sept 8, 2015
Synopsis:
If Grace Johnson knew one thing at all, it was that all men were dirtbags.
All men … except Noah Bennet.
“I was lost in his eyes. Lost in his tears. My goal was to pull him out of the darkness … even if it dragged me in as well.”
If Noah Bennet knew one thing at all, it was he needed Grace Johnson.
Needed her … desperately.
“My pain was pulling me under … she was my only saving grace.”
Grace is willing to put everything on the line to help bring back the man she is hopelessly in love with. Even if it costs her the future she’s been longing for.
“If finding you means losing a part of me … I’ll do it.”
Goodreads:
Pre-Order Links:
Amazon



Review by: Dawn 

First off I have to say how big of a fan I am of Kellys work. This book took a turn that I truly never saw coming. But in that turn I feel like if your going to take on a subject matter that big then you really have to give it your all and go into great detail about it. With this I feel like she glazed over it. Over all I was really looking forward to Graces story And it did not disappoint me. This is my 2nd favorite book in the series. It will have your heart hurting in some places and laughing in others. It will also make you want to slap Jeff for a number of reasons but all in all this is a good book.

4 Stars 

















Playlist:
















EXCERPT


Jeff and I rode along for a few minutes in silence. I could hear the river in the distance and I knew we were getting closer.
Jeff walked his horse up to a tree and jumped off. Following his lead, I did the same.
“Don’t worry about them. They’ll just graze on the grass. Follow me; I want to show you something, Noah.”
Doing as he asked, I draped the reins over the horses shoulder and followed Jeff toward the water. There was a giant rock that was set back about fifteen feet from the water. Jeff walked over to it and jumped up on it. It was large enough for at least four men to stand up there.
Figuring he wanted me to follow, I climbed up and stood next to him. The view was amazing.
“Wow,” I whispered as I watched the river meander along its path.
“When I was about your age, I lost my mother, but not like how you lost your mother. Actually, I lost my mother a number of years before that.”
Turning to look at him, I asked, “How did you lose her?”
Jeff continued to look out over the water as it rushed over rocks. “Alcohol. My father left my mother when my sister, Ellie, and I were young. My mother couldn’t handle it and turned to drinking to hide the pain. The problem was, no amount of drinking … or drugs … could numb the pain.”
My head snapped over to Jeff as our eyes met. “No sir, it cannot. I turned to alcohol when my mother’s cancer came back. Spent a number of nights drowning my sorrow in it.”
Not taking his eyes off of me, Jeff asked, “And what made you stop?”
“Grace. Even though we weren’t together at the time, I knew she would have been disappointed in me.”
Letting a small smile play across his lips, Jeff nodded and looked back over the river. “Love will do that. Save you from the deepest depths of sorrow and pain.”
Copyright 2015 Finding You Kelly Elliott

ABOUT KELLY ELLIOTT


Kelly Elliott is married to a wonderful Texas cowboy who has a knack for making her laugh almost daily and supports her crazy ideas and dreams for some unknown reason...he claims it's because he loves her!
She’s also a mom to an amazing daughter who is constantly asking for something to eat while her fingers move like mad on her cell phone sending out what is sure to be another very important text message.
In her spare time she loves to sit in her small corner overlooking the Texas hill country and write.
One of her favorite things to do is go for hikes around her property with Gus....her chocolate lab and the other man in her life, and Rose, her golden retriever. When Kelly is not outside helping the hubby haul brush, move rocks or whatever fun chore he has in store for her that day, you’ll find her inside reading, writing or watching HGTV.


LINKS:
Twitter: @author_kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment