photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

September 22, 2016

THE WINGMEN SERIES by Daisy Prescott • Review Tour




READY TO FALL (Wingmen, #1)



Blurb: 

Tall, dark, and handsome is an understatement when it comes to John Day. With rugged good looks, his ever present plaid shirt, and a dog named Babe, John is a modern alpha male lumberjack.


After his favorite neighbor rents out her beach cabin for the winter, John finds himself playing fireman and tour guide to Diane Watson, a beautiful brunette with her own messy past and recent battle scars.

Will he be ready to fall in love? Or will he go back to his old, flirty ways?

Hold onto your heart as John Day tells his story in this male POV contemporary adult romance/romantic comedy.

BUY LINKS: 
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2cvOmug
B&N:  http://bit.ly/ReadyToFallNOOK 


Review by: Tracy 

John Day is the ruggedly handsome male character that we all get to drool over. In fact, this story is told from his point of view. Diane Watson is the new, but temporary neighbor next door. Both are coming from bad breakups so they vow to be friends only. Except we all know how those usually turn out.

I thought this story was romantic, cute and nothing short of funny. The way John and Diane were it each other, being both funny and flirty all at the same time. And John's friend Tom? I would love to meet him in a bar, he's too funny.

My favorite thing about it though was John. Do these lumberjacks only exist in the Pacific Northwest? Because I might just have to relocate so I can climb one.

4 Stars 



Review by: Amy E 


I loved the combination of country boy meets city girl. Friends to lovers. Both John and Diane weren't looking for love but, the funny thing is it seems to find you when you least expect it.

Written in the mail perspective I wasn't sure how I'd feel about not getting inside Diane's head.  Turns out I didn't need to!  John was more than enough and it was a nice break from the antics of female characters.

I loved all the raw hard hitting emotions that this book brought up while still infusing humor and a more light hearted storyline throughout. 


Confessions of a Reformed Tom Cat

This was my favorite in the series.  Tom and Hailey were these really great, fun, relatable characters.  Throw in Tom's large and very vocal family and you could have nothing but fun.

Watching the progression of these characters relationship throughout the book is what I loved best.  It grew and changed yet Tom refused to see it.  He basically grew up in front of our eyes and it was quite fun to witness.

Along with all the humor was a good dose of love, sadness, loss, new life, and unity.  This book covered all the bases and feels.

4 Stars 




CONFESSIONS OF A REFORMED TOM CAT(Wingmen,#2)



Blurb:

I, Thomas Clifford Donnely, am a manwhore.


You can call me Tom Cat. I've been told I'm irresistible to women. Like catnip for a different kind of pussy-cat.
This is the story about how I lost my wingman, broke all my own rules, and found myself falling in love.

Tom Donnely isn't the marrying kind, or the dating kind. Even after losing his #1 wingman to love, he doesn't see the point in relationships. When his sister's best friend returns to Whidbey Island and propositions Donnely for a one-night stand, he breaks one of his biggest rules--no fooling around with his sisters' friends. It's just sex, nothing more. That's what Tom does and does well.

What happens when "just sex" isn't enough?

Hailey King is more than a match for Tom's flirtations. She's known him most of her life and has heard the rumors about his "skills" for years. When her perfectly planned future falls apart, will the last man she should ever fall for turn out to be more than a one-night stand?

BUY LINKS:
BN:  http://bit.ly/1WWXqd0 



Review by: Tracy 

When the male character admits that he is a manwhore you KNOW it's going to be a great story.

Tom Donnely thinks he's irresistible to women. Never having "repeats" as he calls them and never getting serious and settling down. Enter Hailey King, his sister's best friend. When her future falls apart she turns to the man with "skills", and gives him a proposition he couldn't turn down. One night. That's all Hailey needed, just one night of amazing sex. Because she can't fall for a man she should never fall for.

These books keep me laughing. The things that come out of Donnelys and Hailey's mouth had me giggling. And when I wasn't giggling I was getting all hot and bothered. These two had chemistry! If you liked the first book in the series, keep reading, you'll want to see what comes of the manwhore you grew to love.

4 Stars 


Review by: Amy E 

This was my favorite in the series.  Tom and Hailey were these really great, fun, relatable characters.  Throw in Tom's large and very vocal family and you could have nothing but fun.

Watching the progression of these characters relationship throughout the book is what I loved best.  It grew and changed yet Tom refused to see it.  He basically grew up in front of our eyes and it was quite fun to witness.

Along with all the humor was a good dose of love, sadness, loss, new life, and unity.  This book covered all the bases and feels.

4.5 Stars 




ANYTHING BUT LOVE (Wingmen, #3)



Blurb: 

Another wingman bites the dust in this enemies-to-lovers standalone romantic comedy. 


For the past year, I’ve been working my butt off to start my own coffee company on Whidbey. 

A weekend in Cabo with sun, tiny bikinis, and vacation hook-ups is exactly the kind of tension relief I need. 

What I don’t need is a bruised jaw, having to bribe my way out of jail, a hellion set on ruining my life, and my mother seeing a picture of my assets on "The Twitter." 

Caribou Caldwell is my worst nightmare. 
Unfortunately, she’s also the star of my sexiest dreams. 

What happens when a small town guy becomes the focus of a million fantasies? As Erik Kelso navigates his sudden notoriety, will his feelings for Cari turn out to be anything but love? 


BUY LINKS:
Kobo: http://smarturl.it/ablkobo 


Review by: Tracy 

This installment we meet Erik Kelso, who by all sense of the word is trying to have it all, at least in business anyway. When he burns himself out trying to start his coffee business, he decides that a trip to Cano with his brother is just what he needs. Sun, sand and women. What else could he need? Caribou Caldwell may be more than he bargained for, but still plays the part in his dreams.

So I think I built this story up basing it on how much I liked the first 2 books in the series. It fell a little short. I liked the witty interaction between Erik and Caribou but the chapters where it was only him seemed a little slow moving. While the story was funny I guess I may have expected more from the characters as a whole and not individually.
(Did anyone else notice the connection between her name and his line of work?)

3.5 Stars 




Review by: Amy E 

Erik and Cari had an explosive relationship from the start.  Drama, dislike, lust, and all the other crazy emotions you find when you're walking that thin line between love and hate.  Throw in a naked butt picture and drama is sure to in sue.

Hidden secrets, lies, and just plan bullheadedness cause a lot of drama that makes this book a page turner.  On an island things don't stay secret for long.

Fun and a bit crazy this book was a fast fun read that left me itching for more from this series.





BETTER LOVE (Wingmen, #4) 





Coming October 24th


Blurb: 


Maybe that old song got it right.

Maybe love can be better the second time around.
When one of my wingmen needs help, I'll do anything for him, including calling in a favor with the one person I swore I'd never speak to again.
Not after I walked away from that life five years ago and ditched the trappings of my success. The keyword being trap.
I left it all behind.
Including her.
Now the ambitious, brilliant, talented, and undeniably beautiful Roslyn Porter is back in my life. I'm not the same person she knew. I'm trying to be a better man.

No man is an island, but Dan Ashland comes close. He's content with his quiet life on Whidbey, a world away from the rat race on the other side of the ferry. 

Dan has three great loves in his life: solitude, pizza, and Roslyn Porter.






------------------------------------


AUTHOR BIO: 
Before writing funny contemporary romances about adults, I dreamed of being an author while doing a lot of other things. Antiques dealer, baker, blue ribbon pie-maker, fangirl, freelance writer, gardener, pet mom and wife are a few of the titles I’ve acquired along the way.

Born and raised in San Diego, my husband and I currently live in a real life Stars Hollow in the Boston suburbs with our dog, Hubbell, and an imaginary house goat who remains nameless.

AUTHOR LINKS:
Newsletter: eepurl.com/xhXb5  









 photo signature_zpsyqnzqh4c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment