photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

August 01, 2016

THE SUMMER GAMES: Out of Bounds by RS Grey • RELEASE DAY BLITZ & REVIEW


Title: The Summer Games: Out of Bounds
Author: R.S. Grey
Release Date: Aug 1, 2016
I despise Erik Winter.
He’s arrogant and cruel—a man I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy—and by some twisted turn of fate, he’s my new Olympic gymnastics coach.
I’ve had to contend with gruff coaches in the past, but Erik is far worse. His stern demeanor complements a body built for intimidation, and his reprimands come from a mouth so cunning, I know it could strip me of my defenses—if I let it.
Though each of us would love to be rid of the other forever, we are bound to each other by need and necessity. I’m his rising star, his best shot at proving himself to his critics. And without a coach, I have zero chance of winning gold in Rio.
The easiest way forward would be to wave a white flag and make peace with the man I’ll be sharing close quarters with for the foreseeable future, but he is intent on war.
Fine. By. Me.
If he pushes me, I’ll push back harder. If he wants to test me, to play with my head, I’ll show him just how many boundaries I’m willing to cross. Because I know it’s not a choice between winning or warring—not if you can have them both. At the end of it all, I plan on leaving Rio with gold around my neck and his icy heart in the palm of my hand.
Amazon | Goodreads

Review by: Gina 

Another fantastic book for RS Grey!!! I am just loving this series!!! They are fun, exciting, filled with a lot of hotness! This book, The Summer Games Out of Bounds, is by far the hottest book that I have read from this author!!! Every once in awhile you will come across a scene in a book, read it, then decided it needs a re-read because it was that hot! Oh yes, yoga scene did that for me! It was a pleasant surprise from the author! 

I loved the storyline! The forbidden romance between an athlete and a coach. There was also that level of danger revolving around their relationship. Brie and Erik LOVED to push eachother buttons!!! I was getting frustrated for both of them! It was they MO, and it worked for them. Brie was a complicated character to me. She had that innocent vibe but then she was very confident. She said what was on her mind and did things because she wanted to do them and never thought of the consequences. But you could see a shyness or apprehensiveness to her when it came to Erik. She kind of bounced back and forth. There whole relationship was based on whether to give in to temptation or not to give in. You can see that war going on with the characters throughout the book. 

Overall, it was a fantastic read!!! There was a lot of stuff going on to keep you wanting to continue reading but it never seemed to drag on. You will get frustrated with these characters, but that's them. That's how they operate and it never changed through out the book. The book is funny, sassy, and oh so hot!!! I highly recommend! 

4.5 Stars 


Review by: Amy C 

"Crazy would be doing the same thing I always do but expecting me life to just change on its own. This nix me-us- doing something different".... About sums it up right here! Daring to live and do outside of the preconceived boxes they out themselves in, Brie and Erik need to break the mold. Both to set in their ways and hidden behind walls so tall they rival the Great Wall of China, these two need to figure their crap out and start living for the now. No past to define them and no future to hold hover them....right now. Once they let go sparks FREAK'N fly and their soar!!

Seriously as if this series couldn't get any cuter or sexier now we have gymnasts?? I never thought of them as hot or steamy but their descriptions alone set my mind a flutter and my heart into over drive. Hot coaches that bleed sexy and determined athletes that have ambition to burn equals a FANTASTIC read that kept me seriously on my toes the whole book. Brie can take the gold but its really Erik who discovers her worth is much greater than the gold around her neck.

LOVED LOVED LOVED this next edition in this already fabulous series!! I seriously couldn't wait for another installment. Although  I wasn't sure Rachel could top the soccer beauties from book 1, she steamed up the pages of this book nicely and left me with a whole new appreciation for grips and flips ;p. I completely loved the writing and the setting was a fun and thrilling ride. Great book, FREAK'N fantastic series and an absolute complete recommend! 

4.5 Stars 


Review by: Stacey 

Wow! Where do I even start??? Summer Games is the 1st book I've read by R.S Grey and it was so good!!! Sexy, hot and so much more!!! The relationship between Erik & Brie was crazy!!! Their love/hate was soooo intense and at times a but much for me to connect with but through it all I coined the put it down and seriously read this in a day ....and yes it was packed full of ups and downs but I really loved Brie! I appreciated her witty and feisty personality and loved how she would tease and taunt Erik! Erik was a bit mean at times but I liked how the reader could see he really liked Brie and his way of showing her was just different than most guys and most stories!  

I loved this book and can't wait to read another RS GREY book!  It was sexy, hot and full of emotions.

4.5 Stars 




I am a lover of books, chocolate, reality TV, black labs, and cold weather. Seriously, if I had it my way, I would be curled up on the couch with all of those things... everyday.
I live in Texas where I spend my free time writing and reading. My favorite authors include Mindy Kaling & Jonathan Safran Foer. I'm a comedy geek and love all things "funny". Women like Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and Mindy Kaling are definitely the biggest inspirations for my writing, though I think my work tends to skew a bit smuttier than theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment