photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

August 22, 2016

Roman Crazy by Alice Clayton and Nina Bocci ~ FMR REVIEW


                                Roman Crazy 

(The Broads Abroad #1) 

by: Alice Clayton and Nina Bocci
Release Date: September 13th, 2016





ABOUT Roman Crazy

Avery Bardot steps off the plane in Rome, looking for a fresh start. She’s left behind a soon-to-be ex-husband in Boston and plans to spend the summer with her best friend Daisy, licking her wounds—and perhaps a gelato or two. But when her American-expat friend throws her a welcome party on her first night, Avery’s thrown for a loop when she sees a man she never thought she’d see again: Italian architect Marcello Bianchi.

Marcello was the man—the one who got away. And now her past is colliding with her present, a present where she should be mourning the loss of her marriage and—hey, that fettuccine is delicious! And so is Marcello…

Slipping easily into the good life of summertime in Rome, Avery spends her days exploring a city that makes art historians swoon, and her nights swooning over her unexpected what was old is new again romance. It’s heady, it’s fevered, it’s wanton, and it’s crazy. But could this really be her new life? Or is it just a temporary reprieve before returning to the land of twin-set cardigans and crustless sandwiches?


A celebration of great friendship, passionate romance, and wonderful food, Roman Crazy is a lighthearted story of second chances and living life to the fullest.

PURCHASE HERE: 


Review by: Tatia 

How do I convey my feelings for a story that was this poignant? This book is everything that I love and need. It has all of the emotions, the push and the pull, the fear of not knowing what's next, and the substantial amount of growth from eye-opening experiences. I didn't expect to go into this book and feel all of this. It's always the ones that you don't expect that knock you on your ass the hardest.

Avery was blindsided when she walked in on her husband enthusiastically pounding into his secretary. All she could do was stare, mouth agape, and wonder why he never plowed into her that way? Well, he can do all the plowing he wants  now that Avery has filed for divorce. No matter the extravagant amount of gifts, the time spent sucking up, or meetings with his mother to try to convince her to change her mind, it's not happening. So when she tells her best friend, Daisy, the news, Daisy tells her to board the next flight out to Rome to spend some time with her. Avery never expected her world to collide with his so many years later.
Marcello. Say it with me. Marcello. Does a name get any sexier than that? Full blown Italian. The broken English that he speaks, how he knows so much about the country. He could read you the phone book and make you have to change your underwear. His life is great. Amazing job, gets to travel all over the world, could have any woman he wishes, and yet when he sees Avery, the past comes back in full force. These two had an amazingly passionate summer. What happens when their worlds collide again?

We all know the saying that we get lost in the stories that we read. For the most part, this has always been figuratively for me. I experienced the literal sense of that with Roman Crazy. The in-depth amount of detail that was put into making this book a full experience was astounding. I felt like I was fully immersed in the atmosphere in Rome. I was transported onto the crowded cobblestone streets full of tourists where everywhere you look there is a new sight to see. I got lost in this book for  hours upon end where I felt like I was in Rome, taking in all of the sights, smelling the amazing aromas, and just getting lost in everything. It's that amazing. These two authors writing together has blown everything else away. The storyline, characters, and the amount of detail were flawless. They have cemented Rome as the #1 place on my bucket list to visit someday. I need more from these two. If I were blind, I'd want these two as my tour guide. The picture they paint for us is that vivid. My favorite read of the year! It'll be hard to top this one!

6 Phenomenal Stars


Review by: Amy C 

They fell in love. Rome vs. Boston. Who really cares where except that Rome  seems so much more magical. Rome takes romance to levels most of us only want to dream about. Avery needs the dreams of normalcy more than her next breath. So after telling Boston to go screw itself, she sets off for an adventure that has to be more rewarding and self-fulfilling than she's used to. Enter zany BFF Daisy, seriously she's as whimsical as her name, and some promises of new beginnings and Avery is on her way....until her past catches up with her.

Marcello, Marcello, Marcello....fabulous job, city of love and fantastic friends. He's hot , Italian and is about to have his world rocked by a sassy little American he thought he'd never see again. These two are so cute and adorable and just YES ALL THE WAY. I love them. I love the back history, I love the current work in progress of their relationship and I love where they are headed. They really have to work at getting their crap together but their story as they do it is beautiful. It's scary, with a lot of hurt and so many emotions you could full a lifetime full with just their brief moments together. They were written with so much passion that I just felt their every move. 

I am a huge fan of Alice Clayton so this book choice was a no brainier. I truly  loved the melding of both Alice and Nina's minds to create such a wonderful story. The location was beautiful, the connection was drawn with so much familiarity and the characters were all so amazingly believable. Definitely, recommend this book and what these authors have given the book world. 


4.5 Stars 



Review by: Amy E 

If you love art, history, or just old European towns you'll love this book.  It was filled with information about Rome and surrounding cities.  While it painted a beautiful backdrop to the story it began to feel like filler to me the further we went into the book.

Avery and Marcello's story was sweet, sexy, and genuine.  There was a real relationship there it wasn't just about hot sex.  It was very refreshing to get a storyline full of love, laughter, and friendship instead of just bedroom scenes.

The writing in this book was fantastic.  As I'm reading the descriptions of these characters I can clearly picture them in my mind as if they were real.  From the entitled Bitzy to the street artist with paint on his face, they were tangible to me.

This was a beautifully written story of a strong female who lost her way but found it and so much more on a tie to Rome.

4 Stars 


Review by: Gina 

I've read several Alice Clayton books and really enjoyed them and Nina Bocci is a relatively new author so I was excited to see what these two would bring to the table. I really enjoyed the idea of the storyline. It was a second chance romance that brought the reader to Rome, Italy. It felt like the reader got a little history lesson along with a romance story. Where the story fell short for me was that I was expecting a little more humor. That's something I've come to expect from Ms. Clayton's books. There was a few laugh out loud moments but I wanted more. I also found there to be a lot of inner thoughts and description of places or activities and not a lot of action.  I'm not talking about sex either, I guess I wanted there to funny banter or crazy adventures that Marcello and Avery went on but it seemed to mostly focus on Rome, the history, the culture, and Avery's job restoring old art. I thought the story was well written but just fell a little short for me. 

3.5 Stars 

GIVEAWAY on INSTAGRAM 
@fmrbookgrindofficial








 photo signature_zpsyqnzqh4c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment