photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

November 10, 2018

FMR's Favorite October 2018 Reads


October was a month full of great books! We read and LOVED so many books last month that our list is huge! Here is the list of our favorites! Check it out and we hope you find your next great read!



This isn’t a typical love story. This is a story of what happens when love is so powerful and all-consuming that it has the ability to destroy everyone involved. It’s definitely not pretty and it’s certainly not a fairytale, but it’s their story and it couldn’t be told any other way.




Sexy Athlete: I bet you won't . . . 
Penelope Graham: Burn in hell, quarterback.

The late night text is random but Penelope figures out exactly who "Sexy Athlete" is. And why she shouldn't take his wager.

Ryker Voss.
Football star.
Walks on water and God's gift to women.
Just ask him.

His bet? He promises Penelope he'll win her the heart of the guy she's been crushing on. His plan--good old-fashioned jealousy. Once her crush sees her kissing Ryker, he'll realize what he's missing. Sounds legit, right? The only question is...why is Ryker being so nice to her?

Penelope Graham.
Virgin.
Lover of sparkly vampires and calculus.
His mortal enemy.

Penelope knows she shouldn't trust a jock, but what's a girl to do when she needs a date to Homecoming? And Ryker's keeping a secret, another bet, one that could destroy Penelope's heart forever.

Will the quarterback score the good girl or will his secrets mean everyone loses this game of love?




I’m used to being in charge.
In the courtroom. In life. In the bedroom.
But then I met him.

He brings me literally to my knees.

Handsome. Charismatic. Sexy as hell. 
He’s everything I desperately crave to possess.

I’m burning to get him beneath me just to have a taste.
Turns out, though, one taste isn’t enough.
And he’s starved for me too.

Two alphas fighting for dominance. 
He thrives on control and I can’t give it up.

A battle of wills. 
The bedroom is the battlefield and our hearts are on the line.




He's a cocky pro athlete at the top of his game. But all he wants is another shot with the girl who got away.

I broke her heart ten years ago and left town.

She hates me, and rightly so. It doesn’t matter that the rest of the country loves me, that I’m a starting quarterback with a multimillion-dollar contract. Because when I look in the mirror, all I see is a failure who was too young—and too afraid—to fight for what I wanted.

But I’m not that guy anymore, and all I need is one shot to convince her.

***
He has no idea what happened after he left. And now I’m supposed to work alongside him like we don’t have this huge, messy history?

But I’m older now, wiser, and I won’t let anything stand in my way of doing a good job for this league. Not even one overpaid, arrogant player who thinks we’re going to kiss and make up.

News flash, buddy: I am over you.



Dear Mister.. . . no, too formal.
Hey there sweet cheeks. . . no, too forward.
*Clears throat*
To whom it may concern,

Full disclosure; before we move forward with this email, I would like it to be known that I have consumed an adequate amount of alcoholic beverages to intoxicate myself tonight. Three margaritas, two shots, and one beer—because it was free.

I think it’s important to be open and honest with your co-workers, don’t you?

So here I am, being open and honest. Drunk but honest. Or just drunk with lust? You decide.

I have a hopeless, foolish, schoolgirl crush on you when you are the last person on earth I should be falling for. Did you know people around the office call you a sadist? An egomaniac. An insensitive, arrogant prick. But what they don't know is your bark is worse than your bite. And that bite doesn't scare me. The fact is, I’d love that bite of yours to nip at my bare skin while we’re both wearing nothing but sheets.

For once I want you to look at me as more than one of your employees. 

And as long as we're being honest, that navy blue suit you wear? With the crisp white shirt? It really makes me want to loosen your tie and show you exactly who's boss. 

Love,
Sincerely,
Yours




“Since when are you into guys in ties? You only like guys who look like they rob guys in ties. At gunpoint.” 

It was true. By 2003, my type had been well-established. There might as well have been a giant sign on my heart that said, “Good Guys Need Not Apply.” 

Which is exactly why I had to friendzone Ken Easton. The man was a former football star, smelled like fresh laundry instead of stale cigarettes, and had more ties in his closet than tattoos on his knuckles. Pssh. BOR-ING. 

But the more I got to know my hunky study buddy, the more questions I came away with. Questions like, why doesn’t he date? Why does he avoid human touch? Why does he hate all things fun and wonderful? The psychology student in me became obsessed with getting inside Ken’s head, while the spoiled brat in me became obsessed with getting inside his heart.

In 2003, I found the one thing I love more than bad boys…

A good challenge. 



He’s a player.

He plays the bass with expert fingers. He plays women with intoxicating charm. And he’ll play me with the ease of a virtuoso.

Who better to teach me to play than the master himself?

I’m his model student, front row, pencil sharp. Pick up lines? I’ve got them. Free drinks? By the dozen. Kissing? Let me grab my chapstick.

But the most valuable lesson I’ve learned is that there’s so much I don’t know. Like why his touch sets off a chain reaction straight to my nethers. Or how I’m certain each kiss is the best I’ll ever have, until the moment his lips take mine again.

There’s so much I don’t know.
Like the fact that I’m only a bet.
But we are what we are. He’s a player, through and through.

And I’m the fool who fell in love with him.



Cristian Bianco has two things against him-he's a police officer and he's a police officer in the 18th District…meaning my dad is his boss.

Growing up as the Commander's daughter and having his magnifying glass focused on everything I did was more than I could handle.

Now, I'm out on my own, living by my own rules. Well, mostly. The 'job' I created for myself has me in some hot water and my exit strategy isn't exactly working out how I'd hoped.

Which is why when my best friend bids on Cristian for me at a charity bachelor auction, I'm not having it. A man in blue is only going to be one thing for me-a problem.

Except after his brother starts dating my best friend he becomes harder to ignore. The eight-pack abs. The sense of style only a girl like me can appreciate. The way he puts his family first. It all adds up to make him one irresistible prospect and has me wondering if he knows how to use those handcuffs the right way-by locking my wrists to his headboard.



Whitney Gable is the kind of woman you fight to the death to protect. 
To keep. 
To cherish. 
I’ve finally learned my lesson, and it’s time to prove I’m the man who’s worthy of her.
I don’t care what it takes, because failure is not an option. 
No matter who or what stands in our way—this time, she’ll be mine forever.




I was done with love.
When I opened my heart, it was for the men I couldn't have.
The unattainable ones.
The ones who would hurt me.
A vicious cycle I couldn’t seem to stop.
But I had a new resolve.
Focus on my career.
Stay single.
And then I met him.
Jace Montgomery.
A wounded widower with two young kids.
He was exactly everything I was avoiding.
So I did my best to stay away.
But then he kissed me.
And I fell.
Hard.
Hard for a man who would never be mine…
A man who was broken beyond repair.
A man who would break me.



Isla made one teeny little mistake. Now she and her PI company, Dirty Exes, are being targeted by one seriously angry and furiously sexy ex-quarterback. Jessie freakin’ Beckett. But there’s no way some NFL superhunk is going to take her business away. If only he didn’t make her so hot—and bothered.
Jessie wants payback for a ruined reputation. His plan? Top secret. His hard-to-hide arousal for Isla? Not so much. Especially when they let down their guards and sneak a kiss. Like any juicy scandal, it goes so viral, so fast, that only a good lie can combat the bad press. Mortal enemies in a fling? No way. Um…this is love!
Actually…could it be?
Isla’s not faking it. Jessie can’t. As the game of let’s pretend gets real, Jessie forgets all about revenge. That’s the problem. His plan is already out of his control. Now it could undo everything they’ve been trying to build. Coming clean may be the only thing that can save it.



At forty, Lan Davis is looking for his damned picket fence and 2.5 kids. What he doesn’t expect is instead of a wife in the picture, his mind keeps conjuring up images of two men. One, his partner in the force, who is as straight as they came, the other an ex, who he’d hurt but never forgot.

After an incident leaves Lan injured, the two men rally around him… only maybe they shouldn’t have. It seems a medicated Lan is a truthful one.

Parker Wilding is pissed at the world. His anger builds when his partner refuses medical care after an attack. Instead, Lan entrusts his neighbour to take care of him—a guy Parker doesn’t trust. While he’s aware they share a history,
when the past is revealed, the truth shocks the hell out of him.

Being emotionally crushed ten years ago, Easton Ravel hoped he would never have to see the man who broke him again. Hope is a fickle b*itch. And now he’s not sure how to handle being face-to-face with the man he once loved. Add in the mix the annoying, testy Parker, and Easton finds his limits are pushed.

Just not in the way he thought they would be.

What happens next sure does come out of the blue.



Final main book in the Rebel Wayfarers MC saga. 

For years, agoraphobic Cassandra Williamson has struggled to keep her world from collapsing entirely by pushing to do things that bring her pleasure, even as they carry fear. Acquiring art is one outlet she doggedly pursues, determined to bring compelling pieces into her life, even at the cost of nerve-racking visits to crowded gallery showings.

A long-time admirer of reclusive artist Isaiah Rogers, Cassie has made a point to snap up what she can of the increasingly rare pieces of artwork the biker-turned-painter makes publicly available. Any evening spent at one of his showings becomes a longed-for escape from her ever-narrowing world. The thing with these showings though, is to see…you must also be seen.

After organizing a meeting with the pretty, blonde art-lover Hoss found so intriguing, his emotions are stirred for the first time in years by a curiosity that feels inexplicably more. He’s been alone for such a long time, could this be his chance to find love again?

Even with many enemies defeated, life in an outlaw MC is never easy, or safe, and Hoss is forced to make a choice: His happiness, or perhaps her very life.



Ever James is a platinum-selling rock star, who has purposely made a reputation for herself as the industry’s favorite wild girl. She’s been photographed partying hard and dating the hottest actors. She’s been caught in the middle of numerous wardrobe malfunctions and frequents the covers of gossip magazines with scandalous rumors of rehab, affairs, and pregnancies. Only some are true.
She sings their songs. She poses for their pictures. She wears their clothes.
Until Rhett… 
Rhett Grayson has one of the most sought-after spots in the New York subway system to play his music. Travelers fill his guitar case with enough money to pay his bills and buy a round of drinks for his friends every week. He has his own apartment in Manhattan. Who cares if he can touch the walls with his arms stretched out wide? It’s his. 
When Rhett is unexpectedly asked to join Ever’s band as lead guitarist, will Ever be able to cope with a new bandmate who’s as infuriating as he is tempting? Can she show him it’s okay to step out of his comfort zone while he teaches her a thing or two along the way about staying true to herself?



He was my salvation...

Addalyn “Addie” Blackfoot

I was somewhere I shouldn’t have been, doing something I shouldn’t have been doing. As Tyler Blackfoot’s daughter, I know better. There are expectations to being who I am, but I’ve never fully lived up to them.

Adoption.

It’s supposed to be the answer to prayers – both for the parents and the child. Me? I’ve always felt a little out of place, like I couldn’t settle down, a flower blowing in the breeze, waiting to be uprooted.

Until the moment he stepped in front of me, taking the blade of the knife meant for me. I didn’t know his name, but the way he looked at me, it was like he knew all my secrets, but didn’t care. It was reckless and passionate, and I never thought of the consequences.

I figured after I got what I wanted from him, I could break it off and never see him again.

I was wrong.

Wilder “Wild” Evans

She came into my life when I least expected it. Strong, fearless, and ready to take whatever the asshole holding the knife was going to dish out.

For months after, I couldn’t get enough of her. Her joy in life, the way her eyes lit up when she saw me, and the smile that popped dimples in her cheeks when she wasn’t paying attention. She calmed every part of a man who’d never had steady and I craved it.

Then it was gone. She became a different person, left without a trace, and ignored my texts.

Fate intervened, and I found her again.

I'm her calm...

She's my wild...



I have loved Channing Monroe all my life.

In first grade, he asked for my Trapper Keeper.
I hit him in the head with it.
Third grade, we were best friends. We kissed in seventh grade.
Eighth grade, he turned into a bad boy and the rest was a tumultuous storm.

Growing up, the problem was never love for us.
Bad times. Good times. There were times when I felt our love in every inch of my body, vibrating, making me feel like it could bring me back to life.

The problem was us.

The problem is that we're living in two different worlds now.
Fallen Crest and its millionaires for me. Roussou and their criminals for him. I was thriving in mine and he was running his.

But…

But there were nights I felt we couldn't be further apart than we were, and there were nights I felt we shared the same heartbeat.

When was it time?
When was it time to either sacrifice, make a change, or walk away from the boy I grew up with?





Brooklyn Manning thought her life was perfect in every way, until it crumbled down around her and turned into a dumpster fire. With her pride wounded and her tail tucked between her legs, she leaves New York and goes back to her tiny hometown of White Timber, Montana. 

No more twenty-four-hour taco trucks, no more shopping at the best designer stores within walking distance, no more giving taxi drivers the finger when they angrily honk at her. She didn’t think it could get any worse. But then Clint Hastings walked into the room and insulted her. 

Her arch nemesis from high school is no longer a nerdy computer whiz, masturbating to pictures in PC World magazine in his free time (allegedly). He’s grown up to be a hot-as-hell cowboy, and she has no other choice but to be a smart ass right back to him. After all, it’s what they do. It’s what they’ve always done, and twelve years apart hasn’t changed anything. 

Only this time, getting under each other’s skin is a hell of a lot more fun than it used to be.


 photo signature_zpsyqnzqh4c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment