photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

May 29, 2018

SPEAKEASY by Sarina Bowen • RELEASE DAY BLITZ & REVIEW



SPEAKEASY
by 
Sarina Bowen




SUMMARY

Speakeasy (True North #6)

Sometimes you fall for Mr. Right. And sometimes for Mr. Right Now…

May
Did you hear the one about the girl who walks into a bar and catches her live-in lover kissing someone else? No? You’re the only one in town who missed it.

Luckily Alec is there to wrap me up in strong arms and carry me out the door before things get too ugly. And that’s not all Alec is good at. Our unexpected chemistry makes him the perfect rebound guy.

Alec
I should know better than to hook up with my rival’s little sister, but the fiery look in May’s eyes really turns my crank. She needs cheering up, and I’m just the guy for the job.

It’s not like I’ll fall in love. Not even after a string of scorching hot trysts, and the realization that we’re good at the same things: wild nights and familial disappointment. I don’t do love, never have, never will. So this is the perfect arrangement, for both of us. 
Nobody would approve, but nobody has to know…


RETAILERS
AMAZON  ✦ iTUNES  ✦ KOBO ✦ B&N 

Review by: Gina

While this is book 5 in the series, it is the first book in the series that I have read and I enjoyed it! I thought the story was good and the writing was great and while I did enjoy the characters, I did feel a slight disconnect with them. I had a hard time feeling their connection. Maybe it was because of May, not to say her story is unlikely but I just couldn't feel it. But It was something different, unique that what I have read before. While, this one wasn't my favorite I will check out the other books in the series!  

4 Stars 


Review by: Stacey

So Speakeasy was my 1st read by Sarina Bowen and I didn’t even know this book was part of a series but I LOVED it!!! 

May is a spunky girl who finds out her girlfriend is cheating on her and she actually catches her and the one who catchers her after this travesty is Alec! He is the owner of the bar she is in and they have a history as Alec hates Mays brother Griffin who broke his little sisters heart! 

Alec and May start out as friends as she’s a lesbian and just coming out of a relationship but Alec can’t help but want to be there for her and help her through the breakup! But along the way he finds himself sooooo attracted to her and one night when he does her a favor they end up in bed together and May has no idea what she is doing!!!!

This story is cute and unfolds right before your eyes! 

Dive into Alec and Mays story and see where you find love where you least expect it!



4 Stars 





BIO
Sarina Bowen is the RITA® Award winning author of over two dozen contemporary and LGTB romance novels. She most recently hit the USA Today bestseller's list in February, with Brooklynaire. Formerly a derivatives trader on Wall Street, Sarina holds a BA in economics from Yale University.
Sarina Bowen is a New Englander whose Vermont ancestors cut timber and farmed the north country since the 1760s. Sarina is grateful for the invention of indoor plumbing and wi-fi during the intervening 250 years. On a few wooded acres, she lives with her husband, two boys, and an ungodly amount of ski and hockey gear.
Sarina's books are published in a dozen languages on four continents. In 2016, The Romance Writers of America honored HIM by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy with a RITA award for Best Contemporary Romance, Mid-Length.


LINKS




 photo signature_zpsyqnzqh4c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment