photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

October 10, 2014

Becoming Calder by Mia Sheridan ~ FMR Reviews











There is a place in modern day America with no electricity, no plumbing, and no modern conveniences. In this place, there is no room for dreams, no space for self-expression, and no tolerance for ambition.

In this place, there is a boy with the body of a god and the heart of a warrior. He is strong and faithful and serves his family honorably. But he dares to dream of more.

In this place, there is a girl with the face of an angel and a heart full of courage. To her family, she is the vision of obedient perfection. But she dares to want that which she has been told can never be hers.

Becoming Calder is the story of good versus evil, fear versus bravery, and the truth that the light of love has always found its way into even the darkest of places . . . From the beginning of time, to the end of the world.


THIS IS THE FIRST PART IN A TWO-PART SIGN OF LOVE SERIES INSPIRED BY AQUARIUS. THE SECOND PART, FINDING EDEN, WILL RELEASE SIMULTANEOUSLY. New Adult Contemporary Romance: Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.






Review By Sam 

5 * UNIQUE * CAPTIVATING * HOPEFUL * BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN * STARS

I was unsure whether to try this book, from reading the blurb I already figured I would experience something completely different to what have become something I would usually read. However, curiosity got the better of me and I decided to give this story of Becoming Calder a try. Mia Sheridan did NOT disappoint. I was immediately pulled into this captivating story, that is so full of hope, love, inspiration and testing of trust, I was left absolutely fascinated and in awe of this incredible author. 

On starting this journey of Calder and Eden I advise you go in with an open mind, it is so unique and unlike anything I have ever read before, making you question what is right and what it seen as wrong. I found myself hoping that these two characters would get their beginning, middle and end. However in true Mia Sheridan style, she writes with such depth and incredible emotion that things are not always that easy. 

One of the highlights for me about this book, was without a shadow of a doubt the scene of Calder and Eden's first kiss. I felt deep emotion and intensity, where the previous chapters had built to this one moment, I was absolutely delighted because I found myself constantly rooting for these two in all aspects of their lives. I found myself very close to tears during many scenes and could not fault Eden and Calder. They both had so much strength, courage and passion. 

I am not going to spoil anything major from this book, because it needs to be felt and experienced individually. But I will tell you that Mia Sheridan has taken the ultimate gamble on this book and has won BIG! I cannot wait to dive straight into Finding Eden. Congratulations to you Mia, a beautiful and very inspirational story. 


                            5 Stars . . . Sam 






Review By Amy 

4 star read for sure!! This was my first book from Mia Sheridan and it didn’t disappoint. I really wasn’t sure what to expect from this author and I was pleasantly surprised. The book did start off a little slow for me but it quickly began to build to where I couldn’t put it down. There was a lot of back history in the first few chapters that Mia needed to add that helped cement the book and brought me to the complete story as I read. That was necessary and was greatly appreciated.

The setting for this story was very different than I was used to reading. Although Mia was great at describing the land and people, wrapping my head around the way of life took a little getting used to. Once I could finally get inside the characters head it was very eye opening. I loved reading into the characters way of life and seeing more clearly and feeling the pain and anxiety these characters felt.
The characters were so amazing. They were so simple yet so complex. The fight between what was expected of them and what they felt sizzled page after page. The fight between duty vs. love was a great twist in this romantic dance between Caulder and Eden. Watching their love grow over time from acquaintances to friends to lovers was so sweet.

I really liked how Mia didn’t over shadow the love that she built in this story. There was opposition but it was minimal and added just the right amount of fight between the characters. Hector was so caught up in his own agenda that he didn’t see the big picture. Amazing..

I recommend this book. Wait through the beginning because it gradually grows and builds and becomes one of those book that  you won’t want to put down. 100% worth the wait!

4 Stars. .  . Amy 






Finding Eden is the continuation, and conclusion, to Becoming Calder.

When the world as you know it has ended, when all that you love has been washed away, where do you find strength?

When the new world you've stepped into is as isolating as the last, when your heart is broken, and your future is unclear, where do you find hope?

Finding Eden is a story of strength, discovery, forgiveness, and undying love. It is about believing in your destiny and following the path that leads to peace.







No comments:

Post a Comment