photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

May 19, 2014

HARBOUR BY PENELOPE LOULEAS - SPOTLIGHT REVIEW


HARBOUR by Penelope Louleas
Release Date:  18 May 2014

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19376758-harbour?from_search=true





 Harbour Manning's life wasn't going to plan.

After finding her boyfriend, Derek, between the thighs of another woman, she was forced to re evaluate her life. When an offer to uproot and move to New York is presented to her, she grabs it with both hands and runs with it.

Lincoln Whitmore's engagement to model Rachael started with fireworks, but soon the love they shared diminished. On his final night in the city before a much-needed escape, Lincoln meets a gorgeous and funny woman, a woman so refreshing he is torn between wanting to stay and wanting to run.

A chance meeting has Harbour unable to forget the mystery man who captivated her instantly, and she once again finds herself thrust into his world.

What would you do if you found the one? How long would it take you to realize you couldn't live without them? And what happens when someone from your miserable past comes back with a reason for you to let go of your happy future?

When all the odds seem against her, will she stay and fight or go running back home?

Life doesn't always go to plan, but that doesn't mean you're heading in the wrong direction.






 



5 SEXY SENSUAL STARS - REVIEW BY TRISH

I don’t know if I can express how much I LOVED this story.  Penelope Louleas, you took me on an exhilarating journey of complete beauty, splendor, brilliance and originality.

I adored Harbour.  Her strong Australian character was radiant.  Even though her life was not picture perfect and she had her own issues with it, like her scumbag boyfriend/crappy love life and maybe some insecurities about herself, but she put herself out there.  She lived life and made the most of her situation.

She was so honest and straight up – with a no filter sassy little mouth, independent, sexy and curvy, just so, so beautiful inside and out.  OMG I loved her.

Her friends were awesome – especially Pierce – So looking forward to reading his story.  He was amazing and so fascinating – I just wanted to hug and squeeze him tight.

Harbour lands a promotion at work which sees her moving to New York for bigger and better things.  This is just the encouragement she needs to have a little adventure and discover herself.

Enter Lincoln Whitmore.  And OhhhhEmmmmGeeee he is sexy as sin, smooth, charming and gorgeous but far from perfect.  He has a screwed up past and he is trying to redeem his bad boy past by taking over his father’s business.

Harbour’s promotion sees her working for Lincoln as his PA.  Their first encounter is pure bliss, but the second is laugh out loud funny.  You will have to read it yourself to see what I mean.  

But let me say this.  Lincoln and Harbour are hot for each other – like sizzling.  Their desire for one another was intense and passionate from the moment they met.  

Harbour
My heart is racing.  I’m overwhelmed by emotions;  excitement, nervousness and, thanks to spending two hours talking to sexy, blue eyes, arousal.  His voice alone turns me to jelly.  I can admit that several times during our conversation I imagined him naked with only his mask on.

Harbour’s feelings and thoughts were evidence of how Lincoln affected her and later on Lincoln’s words made you feel it – his lust, passion and desire for Harbour.

Lincoln
“This is fucking with my head sweetheart, but in a good way.  A great way.  I’ve never felt like this about anyone.  Ever.  I missed you so damn much last night, so much it doesn’t feel sane.”

Lincoln & Harbour
“I’ll make you scream my name so many times that the neighbors will think I’m a fucking god.”
Mmmmm.
“Well, your altar is one I have no problem worshipping at.  Even on my knees.”
“God dammit, I’m ending this call before I come in my pants like a fucking fifteen-year-old boy.  Goodnight beautiful.”
“Goodnight, handsome.”

I treasured that this book was filled with great Aussie dialogue.  It was so refreshing and fabulous.  It was funny, sad, full of love, lust and sex with drama and fairytales all thrown in together.

Pierce
“Now go. My child, find a sexy man, and get your kiss at midnight, otherwise the clothes will disappear and you’ll be starkers in front of your new workmates.”

Harbour
Tonight, I get to ring in the New Year in New York, and most importantly, tonight I must remember not to talk like a bogan with Tourette’s.

Will Lincoln be perfect for Harbour?  Is Harbour living a fairytale dream?  Will their pasts interfere with their present and future?  Will love keep them together?

“Jesus, if I have to work with this man everyday I’m going to need to bring a spare change of panties in.”

Penelope really depicts her characters exceptionally well.  They are vividly imprinted into your imagination while you are reading this story and days after.  I felt it was so real.  It was beautifully written and flowed magically.  Have I already said I loved this story.

Congratulations Penelope Louleas on a fabulously captivating debut novel.






 

Penelope Louleas is an author from Melbourne, Australia. She lives with her husband and 18 month old daughter. Penelope began writing several years ago but only recently decided to try her hand at independent publishing. When she's not writing, Penelope is an avid reader and daydreamer. Her debut novel, Harbour, is due for release on May 20th, 2014.  You can find Penelope on Facebook, Goodreads, twitter - @pennylovesbooks, instagram - penelopelouleasauthor






No comments:

Post a Comment