photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

June 16, 2018

FMR's Favorite May Reads 2018


Each month the girls at FMR pick their favorite books they read that were released during the month. Check out the list for May.



BLURB
Secrets swarm all around.
My world is crumbling under the strain.
I don't know if we can survive this.
My heart is in the Wright place.
But is his?

The Wright One is the last book in the Wright Love Duet that began in The Wright Love. Find out if Sutton and David survive their world of secrets in the conclusion to the Wright Love duet!



BLURB
Rush and Gia’s story continues in the gripping conclusion to the New York Times bestseller, Rebel Heir…

How to screw up a great summer in the Hamptons:

Sleep with your boss. Check.

Blow all your money on a rental you can’t afford. Check.

How to walk away from a man you fall in love with at the end of a summer:

…I’ll let you know when I figure it out.



BLURB
This whole contest was supposed to be easy. I know, I know. Famous last words.

It’s a long story, but I messed up at work. Big time. To earn back the trust of my boss, I promised to save one of our magazines. Yep. That Hot Dad contest you’ve seen advertised all over the place was my idea. And if I’m successful, if I’m able to increase our online readership, then I get a shot at my dream job.

But the one thing I never expected to happen, happened: Contestant number ten, Grayson Malone. Hello, Mr. Difficult. And did I mention sexy as hell?

Unfortunately he knows me. The old me, anyway. And while we might be older now, I remind him of before. Of the woman who broke his heart, who hardened him, and who left him alone to raise the cutest little boy I’ve ever seen. 

But I don’t want a relationship. And I definitely don’t fall for single dads with baggage. Even ones with chiseled abs and killer smiles. 

But he got to me. They got to me. He and his son and their messy, crazy life. But I got to him too. I see the stolen glances. I feel the walls he built start to crumble. I recognize that there’s an unexpected beauty to the chaos in his life. 

And now that the contest is about to end, we’re left to decide whether the last six months were just fun or if what we have is worth risking it all?



BLURB
Marble isn’t the only thing that’s hard at this museum.

His body is as chiseled as Adonis. His lips are as sculpted as David. And his ego is the size of the Guggenheim.

You know the type—wolfish smile and the gravity of a black hole. The kind of man who sucks all the air from the room the second he enters it. My cocky boss thinks this internship was wasted on me, and he doesn’t hesitate to let me know.

But he’s wrong, and I’m going to prove it to him. If I can stay away from his devil lips, that is. Lips that cut me down and kiss me in the same breath, leaving me certain he’s on a mission to ruin my life.

And maybe my heart, too.



BLURB
For nearly a year, they’ve been at war. 
Cops. Forks. Eggs.
Two feuding neighbors who couldn’t be more opposite, forced to live next door to one another. 
Neither is backing down.

She drives him crazy with her loud nineties rap music. 
He gets under her skin the way he obsesses over his stupid perfect lawn. 

She fantasizes about having sex with the hot nerd—but with duct tape over his dumb mouth. 
He has dirty dreams of the bombshell beauty where he bangs the crazy right out of her—nightmares of course. 
Anger isn’t the only thing heating up between these two.

They think this is a battle only one of them can win…
The growing attraction between them, though, seems to be far more stubborn than the two of them combined. 



BLURB
A tragic accident forced them together. 
Will love turn them into a family?

KATHLEEN
He's a loner. He's also volatile, wickedly hot and unforgiving. 
Probably not the kind of man anyone should trust with an infant.
Definitely not the kind of man any woman should trust with her heart.
When Nash Ryan returned to town for the sake of his baby brother I thought I already understood who he was. 
I also thought I was done giving my heart away until he proved otherwise. 
But we don’t stand a chance. 
Everything is ready to unravel.
And the secrets I’ve kept will be our undoing.

NASH
This isn’t the first time I’ve known tragedy. 
Maybe that’s why I’ve chosen a solitary life. 
But my self-imposed exile ends when a terrible twist of fate makes me 
the guardian of my four-month-old brother. 
Suddenly I’ve got a kid to raise and a family business to save and there’s no time for anything else. 
That’s why Kathleen Doyle and I made this arrangement. 
Once a skinny little girl who used to follow me around everywhere, she’s now a single mom with flaming hair, a killer body and too many responsibilities. 
We told each other it was just physical. 
We told each other there were no strings attached, no expectations. 
We lied. 
And the consequences will cost us. 
But I’m not surrendering this new family without a battle. 
Because in this life we might only get one chance to have it all... 



BLURB
Unthinkable. Unbelievable. Inconceivable.
I don’t recognize what my life has become. I can’t tell where the lies end and the truth begins anymore.
He came into my world and urged me out of my safe little corner.
All my dreams are coming true except the one thing I want most—my own happy ending.
But I’ll fight for it.
For now.
For always.



BLURB
"What are you doing now that your team is out of the running for the Stanley Cup?"

Forget.

I need to forget. I need an escape.

Only one person isn't falling for my reputation as the NHL's Golden Boy; she captured my attention the minute she called me out for snooping through my best friend's house. She didn't want to hear my reason--she only wanted to playfully give me a hard time.

Adalyn is bold, sassy--and the perfect escape.

She's everywhere. In town and in my dreams, and suddenly I need to spend every waking moment with her.

And I do, making this summer the best off-season I've ever had.

But in the midst of getting lost in Adalyn, what I don't expect is to get her pregnant. 

And what I definitely don't expect is having to fight for her affection.



BLURB
Nikki Walters. 
Sexy. Fierce. Forbidden. 
The only girl I've ever loved. 

Oliver Preston. 
Gorgeous, bad-boy, tattooed bartender. 
The only man to hold my heart. 

Fourteen years ago, he allowed tragedy to rip us apart. Now, he's back, trying to make a space for himself in my life.

A single brush of his hand, and I feel my walls crumbling. One kiss, and I'm losing all control. 

The fire between us is only burning hotter.

I can feel our pasts running to catch up to us. Will it destroy or us, or will we find our second chance . . .



BLURB
Scarlett is always the sensible one: The sober driver. The planner. The one holding your hair back while you're worshiping the porcelain gods. 

Week-after-week, she visits Jock Row with her friends—the universities hottest party scene and breeding ground for student athletes. And if keeping her friends out of trouble, and guys out of their pants, was a sport, she'd be the star athlete.

Being a well known jock-blocker gets her noticed for all the wrong reasons; just like that, she's banned from Jock Row. NO GUY WANTS A GIRL AROUND WHO KEEPS THEIR JOCK FRIENDS FROM GETTING LAID.

"Rowdy" Wade is the hot shot short-stop for the universities baseball team—and the unlucky bastard who drew the short straw: keep little Miss Goody Two-Shoes out of the Baseball House. 

But week-after-week Scarlett returns, determined to get inside.



BLURB
Roman 'Bane' Protsenko
Naked surfer. Habitual pothead. A con, a liar, a thief and a fraud.
Last I heard, he was extorting the rich and screwing their wives for a living.
Which is why I’m more than a little surprised to find him at my threshold, looking for my friendship, my services, and most puzzling of all—looking humbled.
Thing is, I’m on a boycott. Literally—I cut boys from my life. Permanently.
Problem is, Bane is not a boy, he is all man, and I’m falling, crashing, drowning in his sweet, perfect lies.

Jesse Carter
Hot as hell, cold as ice.
I wasn’t aware of her existence until a fat, juicy deal landed in my lap.
She’s a part of it, a little plaything to kill some time.
She is collateral, a means to an end, and a side-bonus for striking a deal with her oil tycoon stepdad.
More than anything, Jesse Carter is a tough nut to crack.
Little does she know, I have the teeth for it.



BLURB
The kid is now a man, and he’s got something to prove…..

Caleb “Cruise” Harrison

“A Dad is a son’s first hero……”

All my life I’ve looked up to my Dad, there’s nothing I ever wanted to do more than be a member of the Moonshine Task Force right next to him. I said no to playing football professionally to stay in Laurel Springs and fulfill my dream. 

I’m biding my time, paying my dues, and soaking up any bit of information my fellow MTF members slip my way. To most of them I’m the kid they watched grow up, and while they’re proud of me, they don’t take me seriously.

Life is status quo until the morning all hell breaks loose in our small town threatening everyone I know and love – including the one woman I can’t get out of my head.

Ruby Carson

“My favorite place? In his arms……”

Caleb saved me from the worst date of my life, swooping in like the fixer he is. Smiling his panty-melting grin, he grabbed my hand, and extricated me from the longest ninety minutes known in the history of the world. 

Instead, he took me on the best date I’ve ever had. We’ve been inseparable since that crazy night.

It hasn’t been picture-perfect. His job is dangerous, it worries me, even when he tells me not to. One gorgeous summer day, it all comes crashing down on us.

The man who has my heart is in the middle of a FUBAR situation that has no good ending. My hope is, when the smoke clears Caleb walking towards me, arms out-stretched, with that grin on his face, before he envelopes my body into the hug only he can give.

That’s what would happen in a perfect world – but I’ve never known a perfect world – not even with Caleb……



BLURB
Declan Forrester is arrogant, selfish, and insanely sexy.
He was the very first boy I ever loved. 
Then fame and fortune turned him into a man I no longer recognized. 
I tried to give him everything he needed, and in return...
he broke my heart.

Now he’s back, and he wants to make things right.
What started as love turned to hate. 
I told myself I’d never fall for him again, but he’s determined to prove me wrong.

He wants to win me.
He wants to own me.
He wants to defile me.

And if I’m not careful...
I just might let him.



BLURB
Poppy Torian has been in love with Jerimiah since she moved to Caroline Springs. Only he didn’t know she existed until her dad joined his father’s MC club, the Venoms. 

Friends. It’s what she's been resigned to, but Poppy wants more. Biding her time, a few years to be exact, she goes to make her move. But when she overhears Jerimiah saying things that crack her heart, she runs.

In an emotional state, she makes a grave mistake and heads directly into the path of trouble. Poppy has no choice but to leave town; it’s the only way to protect the people she loves. 

Jerimiah “Fang” Liang has dealt with a lot of crap in his life. A corrupt father, an MC he doesn’t want to be a part of—until he changes clubs and hooks up with the Hawks MC—and the loss of a woman he thought could be his forever. Until she left him for four years, without giving a reason why.

But sh*t really does happen for a reason. She’s back in town and is the one woman who currently doesn’t want anything do to with him. But Fang is determined to change her mind, to help her out and win her over… despite the possible fallout.



BLURB
I can’t believe it. Christopher Baldwin, the baddest boy in baseball, wants me. Amelia Bishop…I was maybe a solid seven before an accident changed my life, leaving me fat, broken, and avoiding mirrors. If he hadn’t said it with a stare hot enough to melt brain cells, I would never have believed him when he told me my curves are what he wants.

An arrogant a$$hole with tattoos, a diamond glinting in his ear, and a dirty mouth promising wicked things, Chris Baldwin is no boy. Chris is all man, and a lethally gorgeous one at that. With dimples flashing as he invites me to sin in a slow Southern drawl, I’m trying to remember I don’t swoon, sin, or—wait, what? I forgot not to stare directly at his dimples, and those bright blue eyes aren’t safe either. Sorry, as I was saying.

As appealing as the idea of sinning with Chris is, there is no doubt in my mind I would fail miserably at it, even under his expert tutelage. Chris has been on a steady diet of strippers, women who have all the right moves. Me, I have no moves at all. Chris is major league; I would get laughed out of little league.

I’m also his lawyer, at least until my brother, Ethan, comes back from vacation. Getting involved with clients is a huge no-no, no matter what primetime television might show. As gorgeous as he is, Chris isn’t worth the possibility of hurting my career or losing the hard-earned respect of my boss and brother.

Only I can’t deny he makes being bad sound so good. Once Ethan is back I’m no longer Chris’s lawyer and it’s open season on all my good intentions. Being with him is still dangerous, as his fame attracts all sorts of trouble. Who knows what complications could tear us apart?




BLURB
He was my first crush, my first kiss, my first everything. 
   
So when he shows up out of the blue asking me to have dinner with him "for old time's sake," I say I will. After all, it's been twelve years since he broke my heart, and I'm totally over him, no matter what my sisters say.
  
Except . . . he still does something to me. He's got those eyes that make me weak, those hands that drive me wild, and a body I can't resist--especially once I see the tattoos. It doesn't take long for our trip down memory lane to go from sweet to sizzling.
   
We're just as good together as we were back then--better, even--but he's hiding something from me, something that has him convinced it's too late for us. He says I should forget him and find someone else, someone better. 
   
How can I convince him that sometimes your first love deserves a second chance?



BLURB
Sadie Sawyer wants to learn how to blow a guy.

She’s my sister’s best friend.
The girl I’ve known since grade school.
The girl I’ve always considered off-limits.

She’s the girl that crawled under a table in a bar one night and changed everything between us. Now the brain in my pants is more than willing to step up. The rules are simple.

No kissing.
No screwing.
No falling in love.

But the more I let her use my body in the name of experimentation, the more I know being friends isn’t enough. Is it too much to want it all with her?

The taste of her lips.
The sweetness of her innocence.
The chance to earn her love.

I might have a real shot with her…if her douchebag ex and my past don’t ruin everything.



BLURB
I NEED A BOYFRIEND... and I need one now...
 
WANTED
One bad-ass man with boyfriend experience.
Must be willing to fight dirty and work weekends, nights, and overtime.
Bad attitude a must. Bonus points if you're hot, athletic, and sporting tattoos. 
 
When I asked Jordan Wells for a Boyfriend Experience game I didn't expect to get stuck with billionaire real-estate agent, Lawton Ayers. He doesn't exactly fit the job description. 
 
WANTED
One professional woman with business experience.
Must be willing to build a future together.
Successful entrepreneur a must. Bonus points if you're a crazy local legend.
 
When Jordan Wells offered up Oaklee Ryan a last-minute business partner to seal a deal I've been working on for years, I didn't expect beautiful, sexy, and multi-orgasmic to be on her list of qualifications.
 
But that's what I got. And she's perfect just the way she is.
 
Too bad she doesn't want me to be HER boyfriend. Because she bought me for someone else...


 photo signature_zpsyqnzqh4c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment