photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

March 27, 2018

FMR's February Favorites 2018


Each month the girls at FMR pick their favorite books they read that were released during the month. Check out the list for February.



BLURB
Dr. Kale Bryant is gorgeous, compelling, and married to his job. The only thing he has time for are one-night stands and short-lived flings.

Until the first time he sees Harley Hope Masterson sitting across the room. He wants her in a way he hasn't wanted anyone.

Harley Hope doesn't have time for another complication - one arrogantly beautiful doctor included.

When he begins to pursue her, her walls begin to crumble.

He's irresistible.

One touch is fire.

One kiss, and they're spinning out of control.

But taking this single-mom won't come without consequences. Especially when he finds out he's her son's doctor.

Now Kale must decide if loving her is worth risking it all.

But sometimes even hope needs a hero . . .



BLURB
THERE ARE NO DOUCHEBAGS IN THIS STORY.

Well, there are, but they’re not who this story is about.
This story is about me—the coach’s daughter.

When I moved to Iowa to live with my dad, the university's take-no-prisoners wrestling coach, I thought transferring would be easy as pie—living with my father would be temporary, and he'd make sure his douchebag wrestlers left me alone.
Wrong on both counts.

ASSHOLES ALWAYS COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK WHEN THE STAKES ARE HIGH.

A bet is placed, and I'm on the table. After one humiliating night and too much alcohol, I find the last nice guy on campus. And when he offers to rent me his spare bedroom, I go all in. It’s time for the nice guy to finish first.
Midnight chats and spilling my problems turn to lingering touches. Lingering touches turn to more.
And the ultimate good guy has the potential do more damage than any douchebags ever could.




BLURB
It started as a job.

It turned into so much more.

Mr. Blakely is strict with his sons, but he’s soft and gentle with me.

The powerful businessman is something else entirely when we’re together. 

Boss, teacher, lover…husband. 

My hopes and dreams for the future have changed. I want—no, I need—him by my side. 

This book is approximately 33,000 words

Editor’s note: All characters in this story are over eighteen and all sexual interactions are fully consensual.



BLURB
Finding true love in a small town is damn near impossible. It’s either marry your high school girlfriend or pray someone new comes around so you can knock her boots off before anyone else does. If that fails, maybe the next town over has a good time to offer. 
Unless you’re me. 
I’m Brandt Kenshaw and I fell in love with the one girl I wasn’t supposed to. 
My step sister.
She moved in straight from rehab and is now living on my dad’s ranch in the guesthouse. 
My guesthouse. With me. 
She’s a drug addict. Or she was. Covered in tattoos and pitch-black hair, she looks about as at home on this farm as I’d look in her big city. She sleeps all day, eats all my peanut butter, and refuses to help out on the ranch. Doesn’t matter though. Not much does when I realize she’s the spur to my boot and I don’t fight it for near as long as I should. 
As if hiding the relationship from our parents isn’t hard enough, my crazy brother is determined to watch it go up in smoke. 
We’re addicted to each other, but this is one addiction I hope she doesn’t kick.



BLURB
I’m getting really good at cutting my losses.

First, the husband. Divorcing him was the best decision I ever made. But between single-parenting and job-hunting, I can’t catch my breath. When a celebrity blogging position falls into my lap, I’m determined to succeed.

That is, until I get my first assignment and actually see Noah Frazier for the first time . . . practically naked and dripping wet. My heart races and I forget how to form complete sentences. His chiseled abs, irresistible smirk, and crystal blue eyes are too perfect to be real. So, what do I do? Get drunk and humiliate myself, of course.

I’m ready to forget the awkward night, yet Noah has no intention of allowing me to move on. Instead, he arranges for me to write a feature on him, ensuring a lot more time together. One embarrassing moment after another, one kiss after another, and before I can stop myself, I realize—I’m falling in love with him.

But when the unthinkable happens, can I even blame him for cutting his losses?

What I wouldn’t give for just one last time . . .



BLURB
Three sugars, two creamers. 
That’s how you took your coffee every morning at Joe’s Grab ’N Go.
But you don’t remember that. 
You don’t remember anything. 
Anything, that is, except me…
That day…
And the tragedy that catapulted us together. 



BLURB
My worst nightmare and your greatest fear became a reality:
You don’t remember me.
You don’t remember the accident, or the weeks afterward.
You don’t remember my bed as your safe place,
or when, against all odds, you fell for me.
You remember me only as the casual acquaintance you saw as you grabbed your daily coffee.
Three sugars, two creamers.

Perhaps an acquaintance is all I’ll ever be to you now.
Maybe I can shoulder the heartbreak and the loss of you, if it means you’ll be happy.
Unless…
You remember me when. 




BLURB
Once upon a time Cynthia was the perfect housewife. Between being the President of the PTA and keeping her home spotless without a hair (or her pearls) out of place, her life was a dream come true. Her husband was once her knight in shining armor, but now he’s run off with all their money…and the babysitter.
Dressed as a princess at the annual Halloween block party on Fairytale Lane, she meets two other “princesses” also facing money troubles: antique store owner Ariel and librarian Isabelle. When the women are invited to wear their costumes to a party where they’re mistaken for strippers, Cindy, Ariel, and Belle realize that a career change could be the best way to make their money problems go bippity-boppity-boo.
But can structured Cindy approach a stripper pole without sanitizing wipes? And could the blue-eyed anti-prince that has been crossing her path become Cindy’s happily ever after? At the Stroke of Midnightis a hilarious, empowering story where princesses can save themselves while slaying in stilettos.



BLURB
When Annie Daschle arrives in New York City, the only thing she can control is her list. 

Not her father’s death or the loss of her home. Not the hole in her heart or the defective valve that’s dictated so much of her life. But she can put pen to paper to make a list of all the ways she can live out loud, just like her dad would have wanted.

See the city from the top of the Empire State Building: Check.
Eat hot dogs on the steps of The Met: Check.
Get a job at Wasted Words: Check.

What wasn’t on her list: Greg Brandon. And just when she thinks she’s figured out where to put him, everything changes. In the span of a few staggering heartbeats, she finds herself caught in the middle of something she can’t find her way out of, with no clear answers and no rules.

List or no list, she realizes she can’t control anything at all, not even her heart. 

Not the decisions it makes, and not the moment it stops.



BLURB
Everything I do has purpose. Everything I do has reason. Until her.

The Vasiliev name is a powerful one.
We rule with an iron fist and we do it well.
Being the eldest, I am Father’s best hope at keeping us at the top of the food chain.

Everything I do has purpose.
Everything I do has reason.
Until her.

I play my games thinking several moves ahead.
Power. Power. Power.
Until her.

The next move requires I marry and soon.
This will strengthen us and secure our position.
But I am not to marry her.

I am to wed the eldest Volkov.
Problem is, her younger sister is the one who awakens my dead heart.
It is her I want in my bed and by my side forever.
Her. Her. Her.

In this game, though, it’s not about what I want. 
But maybe it can be about what she wants. 

I am Vlad.
Vile. Vicious. Villainous. Vasiliev.
And I will win eventually.

Enter to win an e-copy of one of FMR's favorite February reads on our Facebook Page!




 photo signature_zpsyqnzqh4c.png

1 comment: