photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

March 07, 2017

Below Deck by Tara Sivec • FMR REVIEW




BLURB

Declan McGillis can't stand rich people. But working as a deckhand on a luxury charter yacht, he also can't escape them. Declan has spent years kissing their ass and doing their bidding...whatever it takes to make his dreams come true, and nothing will get in his way of being the captain of his own yacht one day. 

Mackenzie Armstrong knows what people think when they look at her. She knows from the outside looking in, it seems like her family has it all and doesn't have a care in the world. Things aren't always what they seem, and not only does Mackenzie have the weight of her family's struggles on her shoulders, she also needs to prove to Declan that she's not the spoiled princess he believes her to be. 

Declan can't ignore the sparks of lust between them, even though Mackenzie is completely off limits and absolutely out of his league. 

Mackenzie thinks a vacation fling is just what she needs to forget about the mess her life has become, and Declan is the perfect man for the job.

Will this be a quick romp in the water, or will it turn into something more when Mackenzie finally gets below Deck?



PURCHASE HERE

AMAZON

Review by: Gina

A spring fling never felt so good! 


You will need to jump in the Caribbean sea to cool yourself off after reading this book! This book is hot, like, crazy hot! I think it's hottest book I've ever read from this author!! While the book will melt your panties, it is also had a fantastic story. Not only did it make me want to go on vacation, but also rent my own yacht and meet my very own Declan. A girl can dream! *Sigh* 

I was hooked from the very beginning! This book had the Tara Sivec humor, I have come to know and love, but also had so much more! What starts off as a forbidden fling,  develops into a love story with two characters who didn't realize that needed each other until they met. It is a fast paced, high energy, whirlwind romance. Of course, what's a great story without a little drama? With Mackenzie's family and Delcan job on the line, we get plenty of drama! 

I fell in love with these characters! While Declan was swoonworthy, I have a total girl crush on Mackenzie! She started off a little more on the shy, quiet side but when she finally stood up for herself, I wanted to give her a big hug. From that point, I was rooting for her the rest of the book. For everything she had to go through, she stayed incredibly strong! I loved that about her. 

Overall, I freaking loved this book! It was funny, sweet, dramatic, and incredibly hot! The book was well written and the story flowed flawlessly. The characters were amazing! I even fell in love with the secondary characters! I, also now want to learn french! Read this book, you will not be disappointed! 


5 Stars






EXCEPT 

“Feminists all over the world would be hanging their heads in shame at me right now, wouldn’t they? I’m weak and pathetic and easily forgiving of asshole behavior,” I complain to Brooke, leaning against the doorframe of our bathroom while I watch her apply make-up. “Tell me I’m weak and pathetic.”

            Brooke sighs, pulling her face away from the mirror and lowering the mascara wand from her eye to stare at me in the reflection.
            “I will do no such thing. You aren’t weak and pathetic. And you aren’t easily forgiving, either. You stuck to your guns and made him feel like a jerk. What you are, is easily distracted by a pretty face and a magic dick,” she informs me, turning around to lean against the sink.
            “You’re right,” I whisper, my eyes widening with this sudden discovery. “I’ve always rolled my eyes at women in books who keep going back to the same asshole over and over again. It’s because of the magic dick. And now I get it.”
            “The fucking magic dick,” Brooke agrees with a nod.
            “But seriously, this doesn’t make me weak and pathetic that I forgave him so easily and basically threw my vagina at him in a challenge?” I ask as she turns back to face the mirror and finish applying her mascara.
            “He explained why he did what he did. He was an assuming asshole, but he still realized he was wrong and fixed it. You accepted his apology and admitted you’re still in need of a good dicking, and he’s the closest available dick to give you said dicking. I see nothing wrong with that,” she shrugs.
            “That was a lot of dicks in one sentence.”
            “There are a lot of dicks on this boat. You think you’ve got problems? Ben is the best sex I’ve ever had and he’s a man-whore,” she complains, shoving her mascara tube back into her make-up bag and grabbing her bottle of perfume from the counter.





 photo signature_zpsyqnzqh4c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment