photo border top_zpssizzdfko.png

October 10, 2014

HIGH STRUNG By T Gephart ~ RELEASE DAY BLITZ




BOOK: High Strung 
SERIES: Book One of Power Station Series.
RELEASE DATE: October 10, 2014

Add to Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22924985-high-strung

SYNOPSIS

Ashlyn Murphy was not living the dream. Twenty-seven years old, college educated, up to her eyeballs in debt and yet she’d been relegated to pouring beers at a local bar. She desperately needed an out and was willing to do anything to get back into the corporate world. Well, almost anything. Dan Evans, Rock Star was NOT one of those things. In fact she despised him. Apparently he didn’t get the memo. 

Dan Evans, bass player of international rock band Power Station had it all. He was rich, travelled the world, played to millions of adoring fans and had no shortage of beautiful women willing to share his bed. He didn’t need a moody redheaded knockout with a superiority complex complicating his life. Or did he?

When two people who couldn’t be more opposite cross paths, it’s bound to be explosive; sometimes all you can do is sit back and enjoy the show. 

PURCHASE LINKS


TEASERS 









Review By Sam 


5 * ABSO'FREAKING'LUTELY HILARIOUS * SASSY * SEXUAL * BANTER FUELED * PURE BRILLIANCE * REAL * STARS

Let me start this review by just mentioning the cover of this book..... HOW AWESOME IS IT! It caught my attention immediately and seeing that guitar... I knew this this book had to be about a 'rockstar'! 
Tina Gephart is one of my go to authors. She writes it, I read it. I love her writing style, her fast pace and the feel I get from reading her work. Not forgetting the fact that she writes KICKASS, feisty, independent leading ladies. But this book....is by far one of my new top five of all time and I will be recommending it for years to come! I had the absolute pleasure of  spending time with and FANGIRLING Tina this year, she completely ROCKED MY WORLD.

Ashlyn Murphy, is a feisty, independent chick who wants to be successful. Despite being over qualified, her continuous roll of bad luck in finding a decent job is making things exceptionally difficult for her. At an interview, she bumps into a couple of members from the rockband 'Power Station', including Dan 'OVARY EXPLODING EXTRAORDINAIRE' Evans. 
Dan Evans is the funniest asshole I have EVER had the pleasure of reading about! Tina writes his POV with absolute perfection! I swear, she must have been a dude in a previous life. I spent the majority of my time laughing my ass off reading this book. I fell out of bed, snorting like a prize winning pig and ended up waking my whole house up! NO SHAME! 
The story is beautifully written, but for me, the best thing about it, is how REAL it is, and how much I could relate to the characters. I found myself reading parts of the book out to my man who took great joy in laughing along with me. 
I loved the secondary characters in the book too, the banter and interaction between the band members is absolutely SUPERB, their preferred name references to each other being asswipe, asshole, dude, brother!  
Megs.......WOULD TOTALLY BE MY BEST FRIEND IN REAL LIFE!! We have one major thing in common, calling people by their first name AND surname when getting tanked with booze! That made me laugh so hard! 
I cannot recommend this book enough, it is one book I will be returning to time and time again, it will make you laugh HARD, swoon and the SMOKING HOT sex will leave you panting like dogs on heat!!!! 
Tina, my beautiful AUSSIE friend, I salute you, BUT YOU BETTER LET THESE CHICKS KNOW THAT DAN EVANS IS MINE AND I WILL THROW DAY ANYONE ;-)




5 Stars . . . Sam 



Review By Heather 

Girl next door meets hot rock star- typical romance book, right? Wrong! Oh so very wrong!

Dan Evans is an arrogant, sex on stick rock star who falls for girl next door type Ashlyn who just wants to get a better job and move forward in her life.  When Ashlyn and Dan first meet, Ashlyn hates him. She finds him vulgar and conceited and knows that he cannot keep it in his pants. For some reason Ashlyn intrigues Dan and he really wants to get to know her better.

High Strung is an incredible story that is unique in the rockstar romance genre mainly because of the characters.  Dan Evans is definitely cocky, definitely vulgar at times and 100% sexy but what makes him a special kind of hero is the fact that he is really down to earth and funny as hell. He was a breath of fresh air in a sense because of the humor and the vulnerability he has. 

Ashlyn was a very likeable character. Very modest at times and sassy at others. She seemed like someone I could be friends with in real life.

Put those together and there only three words to describe them- HOT HOT HOT! The sex was hot and the romance portion made my heart flutter. What an awesome start to this series and I cannot see what’s next for Power Station!

5 Stars . . . Heather 


Review By Erin 

Love, love, love this book! Rockstars without all the groupies. I could not put it down. Great characters with down to earth problems. 
Dan is a rockstar man-whore who finally meets his match. He tells it like it is and doesn't apologize for it.
Ashlyn is struggling to find a job that will actually use her degree. At their first encounter, she decides she hates Dan. As the story progresses they find that they can't be without each other.
Would have loved an epilogue.

5 Stars . . . Erin 




OTHER BOOKS BY T.GEPHART

Book #0.5: Lexi (FREE) AMAZON  I ITUNES
Book #1: A Twist of Fate: AMAZON  I ITUNES
Book 1.5: Twisted Views:  AMAZON  I ITUNES
Book #2: A Leap of Faith: AMAZON  I ITUNES
Book #3: A Time for Hope: AMAZON  I ITUNES


ABOUT T.GEPHART

T Gephart is an indie author from Melbourne, Australia.

T's approach to life has been somewhat unconventional. Rather than going to University, she jumped on a plane to Los Angeles, USA in search of adventure. While this first trip left her somewhat underwhelmed and largely depleted of funds it fueled her appetite for travel and life experience.

With a rather eclectic resume, which reads more like the fiction she writes than an actual employment history, T struggled to find her niche in the world.

While on a subsequent trip the United States in 1999, T met and married her husband. Their whirlwind courtship and interesting impromptu convenience store wedding set the tone for their life together, which is anything but ordinary. They have lived in Louisiana, Guam and Australia and have travelled extensively throughout the US. T has two beautiful young children and one four legged child, Woodley the wonder dog.

An avid reader, T became increasingly frustrated by the lack of strong female characters in the books she was reading. She wanted to read about a woman she could identify with, someone strong, independent and confident who didn't lack femininity. Out of this need, she decided to pen her first book, A Twist of Fate. She enjoyed the process so much that when it was over she couldn't let it go.

T loves to travel, laugh and surround herself with colourful characters. This inevitably spills into her writing and makes for an interesting journey - she is well and truly enjoying the ride!

Based on her life experiences, T has plenty of material for her books and has a wealth of ideas to keep you all enthralled.

CONNECT WITH T. GEPHART
WEBSITE:  www.tgephart.com


No comments:

Post a Comment